This mason jar spider craft is so freaking fun you guys!
My boys have been getting crafty lately and had a blast making this spider candy holder for Halloween this year. It’s super cute and totally easy to make.
We are slightly spider obsessed around here as proven by this dancing spider craft, this snap lid spider craft and this spiderman cake. Clearly we love our spider crafts so it made total sense to create this cute mason jar spider to hold all of our Halloween candy this year.
Materials that you’ll need to create this craft:
- 500 ml wide mouth mason jar
- Black acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- 8 – black pipe cleaners
- 15 to 20 – googly eyes of various sizes
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Mod Podge (optional)
How to make a mason jar spider:
1. Gather supplies.
2. Paint the entire jar black (this can take up to three coats for good coverage).
3. Seal with a coat of Mod Podge (optional).
4. Allow to completely dry.
5. Glue the googly eyes to the front center of the jar.
6. Bend the pipe cleaners in half and bend each about 1″ from the end.
7. Glue four pipe cleaners on each side of the jar to the top inside of the jar.
This spider craft would make the perfect addition to Halloween decorating! I could totally see this guy on a teachers desk, filled with candy.
My favorite feature is the crap ton of googly eyes, or maybe it’s the bendy legs?! I dunno, it’s all pretty cute if you ask me.
More of our crafting essentials for kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
My son Cam is addicted to Reese’s peanut butter cups so he was especially thrilled to be a part of this spider craft photo shoot. He’s been eating Reese’s candy ever since.
When you make one of these mason jar spider crafts will you let me know?! I would love to see it!