It seems like just yesterday that I was bringing my twin boys home on Halloween, fast forward a few years and they are turning five and growing into the most wonderful little individuals who clearly need super hero costumes!
They both chose to have a Super Hero Birthday Party this year (after looking at the other Pirate / Angry Birds options on Pinterest). So rather than the traditional goodie bag party favors, I decided to make individual no sew super hero costumes for each party guest.
The costume details:
- Each costume includes a mask, body suit and gauntlets.
- Using the following measurements they should fit children sizes 4 – 8.
- I used these fabulous patterns for the masks from Jessica at Cutesy Crafts.
- I used this great pattern for the gauntlets from Cheryl at Sew Can Do.
- Patterns for each body suit can be found below.
What do you mean no sew?
This post contains affiliate links.
Materials needed for each costume:
- 1/2 yard of felt
- I used felt material for all of the costumes. Felt is a material that I find easy to work with and comes in a wide variety of colours. It is used mostly for crafts and not generally recommended to be put in the washer or dryer. You could substitute a heavy cotton or muslin.
- Sheets of craft felt in colors needed to costume design (ie. 1 piece of yellow felt for Batman symbol)
- Fabric paint or markers
- Four 12″ pieces of ribbon
- Elastic 14″ of 1/4″
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Optional sewing machine and accessories
Use these steps for each no sew superhero costume:
1. Cut a piece of felt 14″ x 36″. Next cut an oval in the centre 6″ x 4″. Now cut a slit from the centre of the oval, 4″ down the back of the costume. Be sure to try it on and make sure that it fits over the head of the child.