These no sew DIY Superhero costumes are quick and easy to make!
The costume details:
- Each costume includes a mask, body suit and gauntlets.
- Using the following measurements they should fit children sizes 4 – 8.
- I used this free template for the masks from Jessica at Cutesy Crafts.
- I used this free pattern for the gauntlets from Cheryl at Sew Can Do.
- Patterns for each body suit can be found below.
What do you mean no sew?
This post contains affiliate links.
Materials needed for each costume:
- 1/2 yard of felt
- I used felt material for all of the costumes. Felt is a material that I find easy to work with and comes in a wide variety of colours. It is used mostly for crafts and not generally recommended to be put in the washer or dryer. You could substitute a heavy cotton or muslin.
- Sheets of craft felt in colors needed to costume design (ie. 1 piece of yellow felt for Batman symbol)
- Fabric paint or markers
- Four 12″ pieces of ribbon
- Elastic 14″ of 1/4″
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Optional sewing machine and accessories
Use these simple steps for each superhero costume:
1. Cut a piece of felt 14″ x 36″. Next cut an oval in the centre 6″ x 4″. Now cut a slit from the centre of the oval, 4″ down the back of the costume. Be sure to try it on and make sure that it fits over the head of the child.
Ideas for homemade halloween costumes:
- Batman costumes
- The Black Widow
- Poison Ivy
- A Black Panther costume
- Captain America
- A Thor costume
- Captain Marvel
- These super hero capes
- Any last minute little superhero!
If you love these DIY Superhero Costumes please help me share them on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy them too!