I absolutely love this adorable little reindeer embroidery hoop ornament craft! This is officially my first Christmas post on the blog this year. I AM SO EXCITED!! The holiday season is a favorite for a lot of people and I am no exception.
I will be the first to admit that I have already started my holiday baking with these Candy Cane Brownies #forthewin! Today I have the cutest, easiest little Reindeer Embroidery Hoop Ornament tutorial for you…
I love the rustic simplicity of this ornament. It’s perfect for hanging from the tree or embellishing a gift with. What I also love is that you don’t need any special tools or obscure materials. Lets create a reindeer embroidery hoop ornament shall we!
Supplies that you will need:
- 3″ embroidery hoop
- 4×4″ piece of cream fabric
- red thread
- small needle
- brown yarn
- yarn needle
- red thread
- bakers twine
How to make this reindeer embroidery hoop ornament:
- Place fabric into the embroidery hoop and tighten the hoop to hold the fabric in place.
- Using the red thread and small needle, sew the red button to the material close to the bottom of the hoop.
- Draw antlers onto the fabric using a pencil (or fabric pen).
- Using the brown yarn and yarn needle, embroider a pair of antlers onto the fabric above the nose.
- Remove the fabric from the hoop and straighten the image (if needed) in the hoop.
- Tighten the hoop and trim off excess fabric around the edges.
- Fasten a piece of bakers twine to the top of the hoop for hanging.
Wrapped up with a bit of bakers twine and craft paper?! Adorable! I have one of these little cuties hanging from my Christmas tree front and center this year. What would you do with it?!
My crafting essentials:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints (aff link) to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes (aff link) are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit (aff link) is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart (aff link) helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
The texture and simplicity of this embroidery hoop ornament is just my favorite. If you make one of these embroidery hoop reindeer ornaments I would love to see it, please share!