With St Patrick’s Day just around the corner it’s time to create a rainbow themed St Patricks Day paper craft with the littles! This rainbow pot of gold craft is totally fun and easy to make.
I was a parent helper in Isaiah’s class the other day so I prepared this craft for the kids and helped them to put it all together. Bless all of our wonderful teachers ~ especially the ones that teach my boys Kindergarten! We were inspired by this pot of gold at the end of the rainbow craft.
How to make a rainbow pot of gold:
- Construction paper
- Gold sparkles
1. Gather supplies (black and coloured construction paper, tape, glue, scissors), trace a pot shape onto black paper and circles onto yellow paper, cut rainbow colours into strips.
2. Have children cut out the pot shape and yellow circles.
3. Link the coloured strips of paper together using tape. Talk about how the colours of the rainbow go together and encourage kids to follow a ROYGBIV pattern
4. Glue yellow circles to the pot and cover with gold glitter if desired.
5. Attach the rainbow links to the pot using a black strip of paper for the handle and tape.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our essentials for crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
The children really enjoyed making these and it was fun to have a 3D craft that the kids could hang from various places.
If you liked this St Patricks Day paper craft, please help me share it on Facebook or Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!
Guess what?! My first grader came back from school on Monday having made one of these in school- looks just like it! You’re a rock star :)