This free Welcome-ish Doormat SVG cut file is perfect for creating a fun welcome mat for your front entry. Grab the file to create your own!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Welcome Mat SVGs are such a great way to add personality to your home! I love that a cute quote or saying immediately speaks to your visitor.
This fun cut file is perfect for welcoming (ish) guests to your house. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to check out all of the awesome door mat saying that I have linked up!
There are two ways to create a door mat with an SVG – use permanent iron on vinyl or create a stencil and paint it. The choice is really yours depending on the kind of material that you are using.
A rough rattan or coir material would likely be best painted where a rubber or low pile fabric may do well with iron on vinyl with a top coat sealer.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Create a Doormat with Iron On Vinyl:
- Upload the image you want to cut to the Silhouette Studio software.
- Use the software to enlarge, edit and flip the image. Images that are going to be printed onto heat transfer vinyl (HTV) must be flipped so that the text can be cut and ironed onto the mat facing the correct way.
- Cut the image out of HTV using the Silhouette Cameo (or similar cutting machine).
- Weed the excess vinyl from the image using the Silhouette weeding tool.
- Place the image onto the mat with the sticky carrier sheet facing down. Double check that your image is facing the right way.
- Cover the carrier sheet with a large piece of parchment paper or cotton cloth.
- Press with an iron (I use this Iron from Black & Decker), set to high heat with zero steam, for 15 – 30 seconds. Move the iron around the image applying firm pressure until it is set.
- Peel the carrier sheet off and you’re all done!
You can download the free SVG files here:
Enter your name and email below to get an instant download of the files! You are then registered for my weekly email Newsletter that is full of fun recipes, easy crafts and free printables.
- All digital files on Homemade Heather are for personal use only.
- Please direct others to the original website link when sharing.
- Digital reselling, resharing or distribution is prohibited and NOT allowed.
Be sure to check out all of the fun Welcome Mat SVGs in our Blog Hop!
Smile You’re on Camera – Brooklyn Berry
No Soliciting – 30 Minute Crafts
Welcome to Our Home – We Can Make That
Just So You Know – That’s What Che Said
Home Sweet Home – Hello Creative Family
The House Was Clean – Life Sew Savory
No Need to Knock – Everyday Party Magazine
Welcome to Our Happy Place – Kara Creates
Weiner Dog – Artsy Fartsy Mama
Come In We Are Awesome – Liz On Call
Hope You Texted First – Weekend Craft
Doorbell Broken – The Girl Creative
If you love this Welcome-ish Door Mat SVG, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!
Hi, I came across your “Welcome-ish” doormat post as part of the blog hop, but when I subscribed to get the SVG download, I instead received the “Swear Word Coloring Pages”. While that doesn’t bother me, I know some people might be a little put off by the content of that, and I just wanted to let you know there might be a glitch.
Oh thanks for letting me know! So sorry about that, all fixed now <3