Celebrate love with this Valentine’s Day snack mix recipe. A blend of sweet and savory delights, featuring chocolate, cereal and nuts – the perfect festive treat!
This white chocolate mix is the ideal treat to make and take to Valentine’s Day parties. It has a bunch of different names like white chocolate trail mix or valentine junk mix but whatever you choose to call it, it’s always delicious!
This simple recipe creates the perfect snack for this time of year. Add this white trash snack mix to your Valentine baking list!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
I also like to scoop this salty snack mix into cellophane bags and tie them with a ribbon – this makes a great gift! Make this no bake treat to create easy teacher gifts or great neighbour gifts this Valentine’s Day!
- Parchment paper or wax paper
- Airtight container
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
Sweet Valentine Snack Mix
Start with a few simple ingredients from the grocery store.
- Chex cereal
- White almond bark
- Salted peanuts
- Red m&ms
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini pretzels
- Valentine candy corn
- Festive sprinkles
1. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread the Chex cereal over the sheet in a single layer.
3. Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 15 second intervals, stirring in between.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal.
5. Top with m&ms, peanuts, marshmallow, candy corn and holiday sprinkles.
6. Stir the mixture with a large spatula so that everything is covered in the chocolate candy coating.
7. Place the cereal mixture in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set before breaking the sweet treat into pieces.
Tips and tricks:
- Use white chocolate chips or candy melts instead of almond bark.
- Add cheerios, golden grahams, popcorn or other common ingredients to change up this recipe to your liking.
- You can also use a large mixing bowl to mix the cereal with melted chocolate or place it all in large freezer bag to mix.
Be sure to check out some of our other Valentines Day treat recipes like these; Valentine Oreo Cake Balls, Valentine Chocolate Bark, Valentine Cookie Bars, Homemade Valentine Pop Tarts, Crockpot Candy or Valentine Snack Mix!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I customize the ingredients in this recipe?
Absolutely! One of the great things about this recipe is its versatility. Feel free to customize the mix by adding your favorite nuts, pretzels, or candies.
If you have dietary restrictions, you can choose gluten-free cereals and pretzels, or opt for allergy-friendly alternatives. The key is to maintain a balance of sweet and salty elements to capture the perfect holiday flavor.
2. How far in advance can I prepare white trash?
You can prepare Valentine snack mix several days before your holiday festivities.
3. How should I store it to keep it fresh?
Store it in an airtight container at room temperature to maintain its freshness. Remember to store the snack mix away from direct sunlight and heat to prevent the chocolate from melting.
If you love this Valentine’s Day snack mix recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook or Pinterest. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 4 cups (365 g) Chex cereal
- 12 oz white almond bark
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup valentine candy corn
- 1/4 cup red m&ms
- 2 Tbsp festive sprinkles
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the Chex cereal over the sheet in a single layer.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 15 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal.
- Top with m&ms, peanuts, marshmallow, candy corn and holiday sprinkles.
- Stir the mixture with a large spatula so that everything is covered in the chocolate candy coating.
- Place the cereal mixture in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set before breaking the sweet treat into pieces.