These Christmas brunch ideas are perfect for making during the holidays. Festive casseroles, breads and puddings are a great choice when feeding a crowd!
Around here, brunch is a holiday tradition. I like to invite extra family and friends to join us too.
We eat way too much food and play games, usually well into the afternoon. It’s one of my favorite parts of the Christmas holiday.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
As far as I’m concerned, nothing says Christmas quite like meals together with family. Whether it’s a turkey dinner, a special movie night with appies, or breakfast and presents around the tree on Christmas morning, good food is an integral part of the holiday season.
Eating together is such a great way to connect with the people we love. There are a few brunch dishes that I make every year, but I’m always on the lookout for new things to try.
If you’re like me, I want to help make your search a bit easier. Below, I have created a list for you of some of the best Christmas brunch ideas for the big day!
This post contains affiliate links.
- Parchment paper, mixing bowls and serving spoons.
- I love using these non-stick baking dishes in a variety of sizes.
- These oven mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing food.
Ingredients to have on hand:
- Maple syrup, perfect for pancakes or waffles
- White and brown sugar
- Whole eggs and/or egg whites
- Frozen hash browns. You could also chop up fresh potatoes, but the frozen ones save so much time!
- Cheese. I like to keep shredded cheese on hand to save time.
- Cream cheese
- Bacon and sausage
- Puff pastry
- Tubes of refrigerated cinnamon rolls and crescent dough
- Fresh fruit
Christmas Brunch Recipes:
This cinnamon pull apart christmas tree recipe is easy and quick to create for the holidays! The Christmas tree shape makes for a darling festive dessert.
By using cinnamon roll tubes and a can of apple pie filling, this apple pie casserole saves you so much time! Try switching up the type of pie filling you use to find your family’s favorite combination.
This cinnamon bun casserole is a family favourite! It’s not just for special occasions either. It’s so easy, you can make it anytime.
Similar to how a bread pudding recipe is prepared, this overnight French toast recipe is a perfect make-ahead Christmas breakfast. Top with sliced fresh strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream.
Reindeer Cinnamon Rolls – delicious cinnamon buns slathered in chocolate frosting, with candy features for a sweet treat that you’ll want to make for Christmas!
Hearty breakfast casseroles:
This tater tot breakfast casserole recipe is full of flavourful bacon, eggs and cheese. It’s seriously easy to put together, making it perfect for lazy Sunday mornings!
This delicious crescent roll breakfast casserole can be prepared in no time, making it the perfect addition to your holiday brunch.
This savory breakfast casserole is delicious for dinner too! Add in some leftover ham or bacon for even more protein.
Tips & tricks:
- When putting together your Christmas brunch menu, consider both sweet and savory recipes, as well as hot and cold choices.
- Look for make-ahead recipes to save time in the morning.
- Add extra veggies, like chopped spinach, red onion, or cubed sweet potatoes, to egg dishes for more color.
- On a platter, create a fruit Christmas tree using your favorite fruits. Or simply put together a big batch of fruit salad.
- If you’ve got quite a large brunch crowd, consider making it a potluck. Your guests can show off their skills and you just might discover a new favorite yourself.
Looking for more holiday inspiration? Be sure to check out my Christmas cookies, Christmas candy, and cookie exchange ideas!
If you love these Christmas brunch ideas please help me share them on Facebook or Pinterest so that others can enjoy them too!