These are the absolute best Christmas cookie recipes to make this holiday season! Be sure to add them to your must bake list.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
As the holiday season approaches, I’m starting to think about what kinds of cookies I want to make. I have a few go-tos that I make every year, but I’m also always looking for new ideas to try.
Peppermint Meringue Cookie Recipe.
I wanted to make it easy for you to do the same, so I’ve put the ultimate list together for you. This list is full of some of our favourite Christmas cookies recipes.
I have also included some easy Christmas cookies for those who follow a Keto lifestyle. Everyone should be able to enjoy the sweet treats of the season!
Whether you are participating in a bake sale or putting together holiday cookie platters, today’s list is full of inspiration. These cookies also make perfect edible gifts this time of year.
This delicious candy cane brownie blossom recipe is perfect for the holidays.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Cookie sheet
- Wooden spoon
- Cookie scoop
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters
- Parchment paper or
- Silicone baking sheets
- Airtight container
- Hand or stand mixer
Basic ingredients to keep on hand:
- Regular flour
- White and brown sugar
- Chocolate chips, milk, semi-sweet, dark or white chocolate
- Simple flavourings and spices, like almond and peppermint extracts and cinnamon
The best Christmas cookies:
Christmas sugar cookies – these classic sugar cookies are sure to spread holiday cheer.
Buddy the Elf cookies – bake up a batch of cookies in no time by starting with a mix.
Christmas tree meringue recipe.
Pistachio, cranberry, and white chocolate shortbread – the colours of the season combine in these sweet, salty, buttery shortbread cookies.
Eggnog cookies – these holiday cookies will win over the whole family. You should definitely double the batch!
Chewy gingersnap cookies – spicy and sweet, these chewy cookies are a must-make in our home.
Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies
Extra ingredients for a Keto or gluten-free diet:
- Almond flour
- Gluten-free flour or gluten-free flour blends, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- Xanthan gum
- Sugar substitutes, such as stevia or monk fruit
Tips for gluten-free or low carb diet:
Whether you have Celiac Disease, a gluten intolerance, food allergies, or follow a Keto or low-carb lifestyle, that doesn’t mean you should miss out on all the sweet treats during the holiday season. Look for gluten-free versions of your favourite cookie recipes.
Try flourless cookies. If a recipe doesn’t turn out like you’d hoped, use a different flour or sugar substitute.
And remember, just because a recipe doesn’t specifically state that it’s gluten-free, low carb, or Keto, don’t count it out. Check the ingredient list. You may be pleasantly surprised!
Gluten free Christmas cookies:
- Keto turtle cookie recipe – Delicious and beautiful, they are worth a little bit of extra effort.
- Keto chocolate candy cane cookies – Chocolate and peppermint. Is there any better combination?
- Keto cracker toffee – This simple recipe is just as easy to make as my traditional version!
- Keto thumbprint cookies – My keto take on these classic cookies is sure to please.
- Keto peppermint dipped cookies – Truly the ultimate gluten-free Christmas cookie recipe!
Get into the holiday spirit and try a new recipe or two. Your friends and family will thank you. Happy Holidays!