These are the BEST Chewy Gingersnap Cookies ever… incredibly easy, delicious and bursting with that ginger molasses flavor that the whole family loves!
Baking cookies while watching Christmas movies is an absolute must for our little family. Today I am sharing these Chewy Gingersnap Cookies that are one of Cams favorite holiday recipes…
I hope that you are enjoying the holidays with friends and family. We have a few traditions left to celebrate before the big day. Baking cookies clearly being one of them!
Cam began home school last month and making these cookies has been one of his favorite “school” activities so far. We have just started to explore the world of homeschooling but so far it has been hugely beneficial for my spirited little guy. I can’t wait to make many more cookies with him!
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for Holiday Baking:
- Double or triple recipes to make large batches of goodies. This allows cookies and bars to be made in an assembly line fashion and speeds up the process.
- Pick holiday recipes that compliment each other and look good plated together. For example every year I like to make Candy Cane Brownies, Eggnog Cookies, Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread and Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies for a good variety.
- Participate in a Holiday Baking Exchange! This is a great way to prepare for a season of holiday entertaining.
- Start baking early and store goodies in the freezer until they are needed. I use these large Rubbermaid food storage containers to save a mixture of cookies and bars in my freezer so that I have them ready to go for Christmas parties and gatherings all season long.
This chewy gingersnap cookie recipe is one that you are going to want to save and make over and over again. I know that we sure do because these cookies are just the perfect combination of chewy and delicious. It’s hard to find a ginger snap cookie recipe that is the right amount of “chewy” and I promise you that this is it! Anyone who requests gingersnap cookies absolutely loves these ones.
My kitchen essentials for baking:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar (reserve)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (reserve)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter sugar, egg and molasses.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and combine until a soft dough forms.
- Mix the reserved sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll the dough into Tbsp sized balls and coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g