Hey guys! I hope that you are enjoying the holidays with friends and family. We have a few traditions left to celebrate before the big day. Baking cookies while watching Christmas movies is an absolute must for our little family. Today I am sharing these Chewy Ginger Snap Cookies that are one of Cams favorite holiday recipes…
Cam began home school last month and making these cookies has been one of his favorite “school” activities so far. We have just started to explore the world of homeschooling but so far it has been hugely beneficial for my spirited little guy. I can’t wait to make many more cookies with him!
Tips for Holiday Baking:
- Double or triple recipes to make large batches of goodies. This allows cookies and bars to be made in an assembly line fashion and speeds up the process.
- Pick holiday recipes that compliment each other and look good plated together. For example every year I like to make Candy Cane Brownies, Eggnog Cookies, Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread and Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies for a good variety.
- Participate in a Holiday Baking Exchange! This is a great way to prepare for a season of holiday entertaining.
- Start baking early and store goodies in the freezer until they are needed. I use these large Rubbermaid food storage containers (aff link) to save a mixture of cookies and bars in my freezer so that I have them ready to go for Christmas parties and gatherings all season long.
This chewy ginger snap cookie recipe is one that you are going to want to save and make over and over again. I know that we sure do because these cookies are just the perfect combination of chewy and delicious. It’s hard to find a ginger snap cookie recipe that is the right amount of “chewy” and I promise you that this is it! Anyone who requests ginger snap cookies absolutely loves these ones.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar (reserve)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (reserve)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter sugar, egg and molasses.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and combine until a soft dough forms.
- Mix the reserved sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll the dough into Tbsp sized balls and coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g