Do you have a bit of Eggnog left over from the holidays? If you said yes, then you are all set to make a batch of these beyond delicious Eggnog Cookies.
We love these moist, flavourful cookies that are a perfect addition to any of your holiday (or post holiday) festivities. Let me show you how to make this eggnog cookie recipe…
These Eggnog Cookies are essentially a seasonal take on the classic sugar cookie. They have the rich flavours of nutmeg, cinnamon and eggnog which is one of my favorite combinations. I like to serve them with eggnog shakes for the kids and a chai tea latte for momma. Are you with me? Seriously delicious!
Tips for Holiday Baking:
- Double or triple recipes to make large batches of goodies. This allows cookies and bars to be made in an assembly line fashion and speeds up the process.
- Pick holiday recipes that compliment each other and look good plated together. For example every year I like to make Candy Cane Brownies, Eggnog Cookies, Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread and Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies for a good variety.
- Participate in a Holiday Baking Exchange! This is a great way to prepare for a season of holiday entertaining.
- Start baking early and store goodies in the freezer until they are needed. I use these large Rubbermaid food storage containers (aff link) to save a mixture of cookies and bars in my freezer so that I have them ready to go for Christmas parties and gatherings all season long.
You may want to freeze these after baking or at the very least hide them in the pantry otherwise they will be gone all too soon. My kids like to wake up early and sneak a few from the cookie jar hoping that I won’t see the trail of cookie crumbs across the counter.
How to make this eggnog cookie recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cream together first five ingredients until smooth.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients and carefully add to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon (walnut sized amount) onto greased cookie sheets. I like to use my Pampered Chef cookie scoop for even portions.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until bottoms are just brown.
- While baking combine reserved ingredients for icing.
- Allow cookies to cool before drizzling the cream cheese eggnog icing overtop.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g