These easy sugar cookies are so fun to make for all kinds of occasions! Create deliciously darling cookies with each of these simple designs.
Too busy to make these right away?! Pin this post for later! Pin this blog post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there whenever you are ready.
Before we get started with all of the fabulous cookie decorating designs you need to save my grandma’s sugar cookie recipe! It’s perfect for making soft, classic cookies that hold their shape!
Next you have to check out my easy royal icing recipe that is the best frosting to use when decorating sugar cookies.
Finally, be sure to stock the kitchen with all of my must have cookie making and decorating tools!
This post contains affiliate links.
SUGAR COOKIE SUPPLIES:
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer – a mixing bowl and hand mixer works just as well however a KitchenAid stand mixer has been a staple in my kitchen for years.
- Baking sheets – I like these large sheet pans from Wilton with the deep sides. They are very versatile and can be used in multiple ways!
- Parchment paper – using parchment paper to line your cookie sheets is the best way to prevent the cookies from sticking! I reuse each sheet of parchment multiple times.
- Rolling pin – I like to use a wooden rolling pin but this comes down to personal preference.
- Mixing bowls – glass mixing bowls are my favorite because I can see what is happening while mixing.
- Measuring cups and spoons – I am forever losing and buying new ones!
- Cookie cutters – there are a ton of different cookie cutter shapes now. Have fun with these!
- Icing bottles – I much prefer to use icing bottles over piping bags whenever I am decorating my sugar cookies.
- Wire cooling rack – this one is perfect for cooling the cookies quickly.
Easy sugar cookie designs:
These darling dragonfly cookies have a special place in my heart!
Sea life sugar cookies are perfect for celebrating a day at the beach or an ocean themed party!
Learn how to make these vibrant mosaic flower cookies with my step by step tutorial.
These Watermelon Sugar Cookies are absolutely darling and fun to create for a summer BBQ or potluck.
These Fourth of July Sugar Cookies are the perfect cookie to make for Independence Day celebrations!
Learn how to make these colorful citrus fruit sugar cookies and download the free printable gift tag!
Cupcake sugar cookies are fun to create for birthday parties and events!
Christmas sugar cookies:
These classic Christmas sugar cookies are fun to make to during the holiday season!
Reindeer sugar cookies are adorable for Christmas time!
Sweet treats don’t get much cuter than these adorable sugar cookie tacos!
These coffee cup sugar cookies are perfect to make for Father’s Day!
Back to School Sugar Cookies are totally fun to make and decorate with royal icing!
Halloween sugar cookies:
Seriously, how fun are these monster sugar cookies?! I love how colorful they are and simple to make with just royal icing and candy eyes.
This Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipe is perfect for making these fun cookies with royal icing for Halloween!
I seriously love, love, love these camping themed cookies! They are super easy to make and create – promise!
Ice cream cone sugar cookies are super fun to make for any occasion!
Pumpkin spice latte sugar cookies are absolutely darling and perfect for fall!
These watercolor tree sugar cookies are quick, easy and fun to make with royal icing and food coloring!
These house plant sugar cookies are quick, easy and fun to make with royal icing and a food writer!
Or make these sketchy flower sugar cookies using the same technique!
These vintage camper sugar cookies are absolutely darling and totally fun to create.
Donut sugar cookies are super simple to make and absolutely darling!
Coffee & Donut Sugar Cookies are way easier to make than you would think! Check out the step-by-step tutorial.
These shark sugar cookies are perfect for celebrating a day at the beach or a shark themed party!
Holiday sugar cookies:
I can’t get over how freaking adorable these Easter Sugar Cookies turned out! They are seriously so easy to create!
This Easter Egg Sugar Cookie Recipe is perfect for making these pretty easter eggs with royal icing!
Sugar Cookie Hearts are perfect for Valentine’s Day when decorated with royal icing.
This Valentine Sugar Cookie Recipe is perfect for making these darling cookies with royal icing for Valentine’s Day!
These Mother’s Day Sugar Cookies are seriously lovely and fun to create for mom! This easy recipe is a keeper.
Make these fun cookies for St Patricks Day!!
These Firework Sugar Cookies are so fun to make for Fourth of July celebrations!
Pro Tips & Tricks:
- Use Pillsbury sugar cookie dough instead of making these from scratch.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking
- Be sure to pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake cookies until the edges are just slightly browned.
- Cover cookies in plastic wrap or store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Slightly under bake the cookies for super soft sugar cookies.
- For chewy sugar cookies be sure to mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients in a separate bowl before combining.
If you love these easy sugar cookies, please help me share them on Facebook or Pinterest so that others can enjoy them too!