Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with these delicious snack ideas! This collection of easy and festive recipes will have you feeling lucky and inspired.
March 17th is rapidly approaching, and that means Saint Patrick’s Day! Little leprechauns, four-leaf clovers, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and green beer abound. Whether you are old or young, it is such a fun holiday.
Green treats and rainbow snacks are such a great way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. There are the ones that you can get at the store, like a box of Lucky Charms, mint Oreos, or pistachio pudding mix.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
This post contains affiliate links.
St. Patrick’s Day Snack Supplies:
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer – a mixing bowl and hand mixer works just as well, however a KitchenAid stand mixer has been a staple in my kitchen for years.
- Baking sheets – I like these large sheet pans from Wilton with the deep sides. They are very versatile and can be used in multiple ways!
- Parchment paper – using parchment paper to line your cookie sheets is the best way to prevent the cookies from sticking! I reuse each sheet of parchment multiple times.
- Rolling pin – I like to use a wooden rolling pin, but this comes down to personal preference.
- Mixing bowls – glass mixing bowls are my favorite, because I can see what is happening while mixing.
- Measuring cups and spoons – I am forever losing and buying new ones!
- Cookie cutters – there are a ton of different cookie cutter shapes now. Have fun with these!
- Wire cooling rack – this one is perfect for cooling the cookies quickly.
Today, I want to share some of my favorite St. Patrick’s Day snacks and desserts to make at home.
St. Patrick’s Day Snacks:
St. Patrick’s Day Sugar Cookies – These fun cookies, decorated with royal icing, are the perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
Grab the free printable tag to make gifting really easy. Get creative with different shapes, like a circle for a gold coin, leprechaun hats, or a clover cookie cutter for good luck.
St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes – Delicious chocolate cupcakes are stuffed with minty filling and covered in green sprinkles, perfect for celebrating St. Paddy’s Day. The mini size makes them an ideal school snack for young kids to share.
St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Bark – This fun treat is made with green candy melts and is such an easy St. Patrick’s Day snack. Using Lucky Charms marshmallows makes them extra festive!
Shamrock Cinnamon Rolls – These cinnamon buns make a great snack or yummy breakfast.
Tips and Tricks:
- When planning holiday treats, create a balance of salty and sweet with your snack foods. Be sure to make room for a few healthy options on your holiday table too.
- Try a plate of all green veggies. Or make healthy rainbows, with fruit, veggies, or a mix of both.
- Whenever possible, get family members involved in the cooking process. Older kids can chop and mix. Younger ones make excellent decorators.
Each of these delicious treats will be a fun way to celebrate, but if all else fails, you can always add a little green food coloring to some whipped cream, and top your hot chocolate with it.
If you love these St Patricks Day snack ideas please help me share them on Facebook or Instagram so that others can enjoy them too! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!