Celebrate the magic of St. Patrick’s Day with Leprechaun bait snack mix! A delightful blend of sweet & savory, complete with a free printable for extra charm.
You may have noticed by now, but I love creating the perfect treat for every holiday and special occasion. With March 17th rapidly approaching, that means Saint Patrick’s Day is on the brain!
Leprechauns, four-leaf clovers, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and green clothes abound. Whether you are old or young, I think it is such a fun holiday.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
What is snack mix?
Snack mix is a sweet & salty mixture that often combines chocolate, pretzels, cereal and candy. It makes a fun & easy treat for any occasion!
Green treats and rainbow snacks are such a great way to enjoy a little bit of St Patrick’s Day fun. Today’s easy leprechaun bait recipe uses simple ingredients to create a yummy St Patrick’s Day treat that is so much fun to make.
This addictive snack mix makes a great teacher gift or yummy treat to share with classmates. The free printable leprechaun bait tags are the perfect addition to this holiday-themed recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Chex mix cereal
- Lucky Charm cereal – add in some extra Lucky Charms marshmallows for fun.
- Mini pretzels
- Mini marshmallows
- Green candy melts – you could also use white chocolate with a touch of green food coloring.
- Green M&Ms
- Festive sprinkles – I love a combination of gold and green sprinkles myself.
- Rainbow candy, cut up
1. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread the Chex cereal and lucky charms over the sheet in a single layer.
3. Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 15 second intervals, stirring in between.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal.
5. Top with m&ms, marshmallow, pretzels, and holiday sprinkles.
6. Stir the mixture with a large spatula so that everything is covered in the chocolate candy coating.
7. Place the cereal mixture in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set before breaking the sweet treat into pieces.
Tips and Tricks
- For best results, allow this fun snack to set completely in the fridge before breaking it up.
- When planning holiday treats, create a balance of salty and sweet with your snack foods. Be sure to make room for a few healthy options on your holiday table too. Try a plate of all red veggies. Or make healthy rainbows, with fruit, veggies, or a mix of both.
- Whenever possible, get family members involved in the cooking process. Older kids can chop and mix. Younger ones make excellent decorators.
How to create leprechaun bait!
1. Package up the snack mix in a cellophane bag and tie it closed.
2. Add a free printable tag to gift to friends and family.
The next time you are on the hunt for a fun gift to share with friends and family or just want an easy and delicious recipe to make, give this leprechaun bait a try. It is sure to get 5-star reviews!
Enter your name and email below to get an instant download of the files! You are then registered for my weekly email Newsletter that is full of fun recipes, easy crafts and free printables.
- All digital files on Homemade Heather are for personal use only.
- Please direct others to the original website link when sharing.
- Digital reselling, resharing or distribution is prohibited and NOT allowed.
Looking for more fun ideas and St Patrick’s Day treats to share with your little leprechaun? Check out these 20+ St Patrick’s Day snacks or find plenty of St Patrick’s Day printables, like this matching game, printable cards, and St Patricks Day activity printables.
There are also many other free printables for all kinds of occasions, holidays, and ages for you to discover throughout the website. Happy hunting and Good luck!
If you love this Leprechaun bait snack mix (with Free Printable!), please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook or Pinterest!
- 3 cups Chex mix cereal
- 2 cups Lucky Charm cereal
- 1/2 cup mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 6 oz green candy melts
- 2 tbsp green M&Ms
- 2 tbsp festive sprinkles
- 6 pieces of rainbow candy, cut up
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the Chex cereal and lucky charms over the sheet in a single layer.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 15 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal.
- Top with m&ms, marshmallow, pretzels, and holiday sprinkles.
- Stir the mixture with a large spatula so that everything is covered in the chocolate candy coating.
- Place the cereal mixture in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set before breaking the sweet treat into pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
All values are approximate and based on ingredients used by the recipe writer. Always calculate your own individual nutritional values for the most accurate calculation.