This banana chocolate chip muffin recipe is one that I make all the time. I love that it uses up ripe bananas and my kids love that these banana chocolate chip muffins are totally delicious.
Do you have that one recipe that you make ALL time? You know, a family staple, one that the kids request over and over again? For us it’s these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. The boys luuuuv them! They eat them for breakfast or I throw them in their lunches or save them for an after school snack. I tend to put a batch in the oven every week.
How to make this Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe:
This recipe will make 12 large muffins. I sometimes use my mini muffin pan which yields 24 small muffins which are especially great for lunch snack packing! Having more muffins also helps to stretch out the length of time in which they get gobbled up by the kiddos *wink*.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Add bananas and chocolate chips.
- Mix all of the ingredients together well.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Affiliate links below.
Kitchen essentials for baking:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.
I often double this recipe and put a batch of these banana chocolate chip muffins in the freezer for quick packing into school lunches. What is your go to recipe for the family? Please share!
If you love this easy recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!