This recipe is perfect for using the loads and loads of rhubarb that we have in the garden. Friends and family are giving away rhubarb all over the place. What to do? Why, make these delicious rhubarb muffins of course! They are one of the boys absolute favorite things to eat right now. I love how much THEY love these muffins!
How to make this yummy rhubarb muffin recipe:
More tips for lunch planning:
- Prepare meals in advance whenever possible. Portion them out into individual servings and store in the freezer for up to three months.
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners then use the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags (aff link) for flexible storage in the freezer.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. My kids love these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and this Pizza Bun recipe.
These rhubarb muffins are perfect for packing in school lunches!
Delicious rhubarb muffin recipe that is perfect for using up the rhubarb that is growing all over the garden. The crumble topping is especially yummy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cubed rhubarb
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
These double chocolate chip muffins are perfect for back-to-school lunches.
Those look incredible! I have a bunch of rhubarb waiting for me. The biggest problem is that I’m the only one who eats it… I would have to eat all of those muffins by myself. Darn :)
I just made these. I found that you could barley taste the rhubarb…so your family would probably eat them. Next time I would probably double the rhubarb…or at least use 1 1/2 cups!
Nawwww. I want some rhubarb….we had to leave ours at our old house….and haven’t got the vegie patch going here yet….I so could eat some of those muffins now! Great job, have bookmarked the recipe for future use. Hugs Naomi
Oh yum! I absolutely love rhubarb but have never thought of rhubarb muffins. That might be easier for me than pie or cobbler. Thanks for sharing this post on Motivated Monday at BeColorful. I hope you will visit again.
How many muffins does the recipe make?
My battery *looks thicker.. and my topping was not as moist looking as your picture? We’re we supposed to melt the butter?
Hmmm no to the melted butter…
My batter was the same way. I just scooped up a handful to put in each muffin tin!
My batter came out thick as well. I just added a bit of milk and a touch of vanilla.
I will be using frozen rhubarb. Do i thaw it first or fold it in frozen?
Thaw it first and drain excess moisture :)
I made these muffins yesterday. They are great, I did use a cup and half of rhubarb per the comment that the rhubarb flavor was very light. Didn’t have the cake flour so made my own w cornstarch, nice and light. I did add extra milk and oil because it was a very thick batter and also added about 1/2 t vanilla. I will definitely make these again. Thank you ?