My kids absolutely love this tasty camp cooker pizza pocket recipe and I love how simple it is for them to make on their own! Using a camp cooker is one of the easiest ways to make camping meals quickly.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Be sure to check out my Etsy Shop where you can now find personalized camping gear!
You really can’t go wrong with pizza while camping. Simply gather up your favorite pizza toppings, wrap them in a tortilla and toast them over the campfire.
Some of our favorite pizza toppings:
- mozza cheese
- bell pepper
- tex mex cheese
- and lots more!
Over the years I have experimented and tried out pretty much every camping tool known to woman. I love to cook and make delicious food while we are camping in the wilderness. Here are some of my favorite products to use while camping.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- 4 10″ tortillas
- 1/2 can (100ml) pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzerella cheese, shredded
- 200 g pepperoni, sliced
How to make camp cooker pizza pockets:
- Spray the inside of the camp cooker with non-stick spray or wipe down with butter. Lay a tortilla to one side of the iron and fill with pizza toppings.
2. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the toppings to create a pocket before closing the iron.
3. Cook over the fire for 5-10 minutes, flipping the pie iron when necessary.
Tips for cooking with a camp cooker:
- When cooking with a camp cooker, begin by applying non stick cooking spray or oil to the inside of both cooking plates. This step is important so that your delicious meal doesn’t stick to the plates and burn.
- Place your recipe ingredients into the cooker before closing and latching it.
- Cook the recipe over an open fire. We recommend placing the cooker over the fire for two minutes before unlatching, checking for doneness and flipping the cooker over to cook the other side.
- Use caution when handling both the metal latch and handles as they can become hot while cooking.
I love how simple this camping recipe is for kids to make. My boys love to cook over the campfire all by themselves so all that I have to do is provide the ingredients for them and they are good to go.
Everyone can make their own individual pizza pocket filled with their favorite ingredients. It’s a win, win!
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of our favorites.
- Use my blank printable meal plan or camping meal plans to help organize your next trip.
What would you fill this pie iron pizza pocket recipe with?!
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this camp cooker pizza pocket recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 742Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 1624mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 27g