These pie iron recipes are perfect for whenever we are camping in the wilderness. We just returned from a long weekend of camping and I have to tell you, it was SO MUCH FUN!
While in the woods we, of course, enjoy a wide variety of camping meals that don’t always include hot dogs. Today I have rounded up some of our favorite Pie Iron Recipes for you…
Too busy to make these right away?! Pin them for later! Pin these recipes to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and they’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Looking for more easy & delicious camping recipes? Be sure to check out….
If you like these be sure to check out our 20+ Pie Iron Dessert Recipes too! I love using a pie iron (or camp cooker, same thing) while camping.
They are easy to heat over the campfire and make meal clean up super simple. If you don’t have one then you definitely need to purchase a Pie Iron of your own and test out a few of these yummy recipes!
These Camp Cooker Cinnamon Rolls are a current viral favorite!
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker from Rome industries makes cooking over the open fire super easy. These are the best cast iron pie irons! I would not recommend an aluminum pie iron because in my experience the aluminum models tend to warp and break.
- Visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips on how to use this long handle camp cooker.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
Pie Iron Recipes:
This Camp Cooker Pumpkin Pie recipe has the kids eating pudgie pies all summer long!
Camp Cooker Cookies are super fun to bake with a campfire pie iron! Check the post our for tips on making the perfect camping cookies over an open flame.
This is my favorite way to make Garlic Bread while camping.
Camp Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich is the best thing between two slices of bread!
This Camp Cooker Cherry Pie recipe makes the most delicious pudgie pie on a cast iron pie iron!
Pizza Pockets made in a standard size pie iron are the perfect way to enjoy pizza on the go!
A double pie iron is a great way to cook french toast over the fire pit! These are the best pie irons for feeding a crowd.
This Camp Cooker Fajita Recipe is another family favorite!
Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese Croissant is a fancy treat while in the great outdoors!
Pie Iron PB&J is always a hit with the kids!
Pie Iron Nutella and Banana Biscuits make delicious hand pies.
Ham and Cheese Cresents are a great way to make “grilled cheese” over the fire.
These Pie Iron Chicken and Pesto Wraps are absolutely delicious!!
Pie Iron Breakfast Bake is an amazing way to enjoy breakfast between two slices of bread!
This Apple Turnover tastes just like apple pie!
Camp Cooker Pizza can be made easily with some pizza dough, pizza sauce and melted cheese cooked over the hot coals of a fire.
This Breakfast Bake is almost as good as the one from Starbucks!
Tips for cooking with a pie iron:
- When cooking with a camp cooker for the first time, begin by applying non stick cooking spray, olive oil or butter to the inside of both cooking plates. This step is important so that your delicious meal doesn’t stick to the plates and burn.
- Place your recipe ingredients into the cooker before closing and latching it.
- Cook the recipe over an open fire. We recommend placing the cooker over the fire for two minutes before unlatching, checking for doneness and flipping the cooker over to cook the other side.
- Use caution when handling both the metal latch and handles as they can become hot while cooking.
Pie Iron Spaghetti is a fun twist on traditional pie iron recipes!
These Chicken Parmesan Wraps look amazing!!
Chicken Chimichanga are very similar to Hobo Pies!
Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese is always a good idea!
Pie Iron Ham Omelet would make a lovely camping brunch!
Dessert mountain pies can be made with any sweet filling!
Cherry Cream Cheese Pie is another great version of pudgy pies!
Pie Iron Cheesy Tots are a hit with the kids!
Quesadillas are a favorite of mine.
Pie Iron Hashbrown would pair nicely with bacon and eggs.
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of our favorites.
- Use my blank printable meal plan or camping meal plans to help organize your next trip.
There are so many delicious looking pie iron recipes hey?! Be sure to add some of these to your next camping trip!
The philly cheesesteak looks especially delicious. Which one is your favorite? Have you got a go-to pie iron recipe? Please share, I would love to try it!