These pie iron recipes are perfect for whenever we are camping in the wilderness. We just returned from a long weekend of camping and I have to tell you, it was SO MUCH FUN!
While in the woods we, of course, enjoy a wide variety of camping meals. Today I have rounded up some of our favorite Pie Iron Recipes for you…
Too busy to make these right away?! Pin them for later! Pin these recipes to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and they’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.20+ Pie Iron Dessert Recipes too! I love using a pie iron (or camp cooker, same thing) while camping.
They are easy to heat over the campfire and make meal clean up super simple. If you don’t have one then you definitely need to purchase a Pie Iron of your own and test out a few of these yummy recipes!!
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
Pie Iron Recipes:
Tips for cooking with a pie iron:
- When cooking with a camp cooker, begin by applying non stick cooking spray or oil to the inside of both cooking plates. This step is important so that your delicious meal doesn’t stick to the plates and burn.
- Place your recipe ingredients into the cooker before closing and latching it.
- Cook the recipe over an open fire. We recommend placing the cooker over the fire for two minutes before unlatching, checking for doneness and flipping the cooker over to cook the other side.
- Use caution when handling both the metal latch and handles as they can become hot while cooking.
Pie Iron Spaghetti
We are really enjoying going dirt biking while camping this year. It’s nice to wake up and ride straight from camp and the boys are doing amazing! I am so proud of them and their riding abilities, its a privilege to see them gain confidence and new skills on the dirt bikes. I follow along behind two matching jerseys flowing through the trails with ease. Ah! So fun!! Check out our easy to download Camping Recipes eBook chock full of our favorite camping recipes.
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of our favorites.
- Use my blank printable meal plan or camping meal plans to help organize your next trip.
There are so many delicious looking pie iron recipes hey?! I can’t wait to try a few of these on our next trip! The philly cheesesteak looks especially delicious. Which one is your favorite? Have you got a go-to pie iron recipe? Please share, I would love to try it!