How to make cheesy vegetable campfire dip:
We like to serve this dip with a variety of vegetables, crackers and tortilla chips for dipping. I have fond memories of other campers asking us “what on earth are you making?”, trying some of this dip and falling in love! It is just that good.
Camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker (aff link) makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
It’s easy to personalize this cheesy vegetable campfire dip to your families liking. Simply substitute your favorite kind of cream cheese for the harvest vegetable cream cheese in this recipe. My friend Holly likes to use Jalepeno cream cheese for a spicy kick to their campfire dip. I use herb and garlic cream cheese and homemade salsa most often. Just typing up this recipe has me wanting make more of this dip asap.
- 1 tub of Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- Place all of the ingredients into a tin foil packet and set over the coals of a fire (or a bar-b-cue on low) until the ingredients are melted and well incorporated.
- This usually takes about ten minutes for us.
- Be sure to keep the packet out of direct flame to prevent the delicious insides from burning.
- Serve with vegetables or tortilla chips.