Whenever I am preparing for a camping trip I use this printable meal plan for camping to help organize my packing. Planning what we are going to eat ahead of time takes the guess work out of what to feed the family.
We spend a lot of time in the great outdoors in the spring and summer months. Whether it be setting up a tent or hauling a travel trailer, we can most often be found as a family in nature. One of the things that I find essential to making our trips enjoyable is having a menu plan. I like to plan what we are having for breakfast, lunch and dinner ahead of time.
Doing as much of the meal preparation at home, before camping, is key. This allows you to leave most of the mess and garbage at home. Letting you to make the most of your time in the great outdoors.
Camping breakfast ideas:
These Breakfast Burritos are prefect for making ahead and packaging for camping.
The kids love to make these Camp Cooker Breakfast Wraps.
These Camp Cooker Cinnamon Buns are a yummy addition to our morning coffee.
Camping lunch ideas:
Cheesy Campfire Dip is a must have whenever we are camping. Seriously, we make this recipe on every trip.
The whole family loves these Camp Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches.
Traditional hot dogs or cheese buns are a lunch time staple for us.
Camping dinner ideas:
This Campfire Pizza Bake is a hit with the kids every time!
We love this Tinfoil Packet Fajita recipe and I love that it can be made low carb!
This Garbage Can Turkey recipe is a new, DELICIOUS, addition to our menu planning!
Camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker (aff link) makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers (aff link). These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of my favorites.
Download the free printable camping meal plan:
Simply right click on the image below and save it to your computer or click on the google drive link below to download the original PDF.