Who wouldn’t love a warm, toasty camp cooker breakfast wrap to eat while camping?! This breakfast wrap is just the perfect camping meal to enjoy while adventuring in the wilderness. It requires very little preparation and is utterly delicious!
Camp cooker (also called pie iron) recipes are some of my favorites to plan while camping. All you need to do is pack tortillas or bread and something to act as a filling. The possibilities are absolutely endless! In fact, if you poke around the blog a bit you will find literally dozens of pie iron and camp cooker recipes!
Be sure to check out this 20+ Pie Iron Recipes post for more.
Over the years I have experimented and tried out pretty much every camping tool known to woman. I love to cook and make delicious food while we are camping in the wilderness. Here are some of my favorite products to use while camping (affiliate links).
Camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration!
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt (yikes!).
What you need for this recipe:
- 4 10″ tortillas
- 2 cups scrambled eggs, prepared
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1 cup tex mex cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
How to make this camp cooker breakfast wrap:
- Spray the inside of the camp cooker with non-stick spray or wipe down with butter. Lay a tortilla to one side of the iron and fill with breakfast toppings.
2. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the toppings to create a pocket before closing the iron.
3. Cook over the fire for 5-10 minutes, flipping the camp cooker when necessary. Pop the breakfast wrap out of the iron and enjoy!
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers (aff link). These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of my favorites.
Try adding different filling combinations to this recipe. Mushrooms, sausage and bell peppers would all taste amazing!
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 730Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 344mgSodium: 1197mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g