These free camping meal plan printables are a huge time saver for your next camping trip. Simply print, pack and enjoy!
Whenever we go camping I like to plan out our meals ahead of time. I even go so far as to make many of our camping meals at home, freeze them and pack them for later. Planning what we are going to eat on our excursions just makes the trip that much more enjoyable.
Check out my 20+ Make Ahead Camping Meals post to see what I’m talking about!
Today I am sharing these awesome three and five day camping meal plan printables to help take the guess work out of your next trip. Simply click on the free download link below (or right click on the image and save it to your computer), pack the suggested meals and go!
Camping meal plan printables:
Too busy to download this right away? Pin this post for later! Save this to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it will be there for when you’re ready.
Be sure to check out my Etsy Shop where you can find the best, personalized camping gear!
This post contains affiliate links.
Before you go, here are some of our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
This three day camping meal plan printable is perfect for those who are planning a trip for the weekend. Check out the list of recipes to use:
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy.
- Use my printable Camping Meal Planner or these free Camping Meal Plans to help organize your next trip.
This five day camping meal plan is great if you are planning a week long excursion! Check out the recommended camping recipes:
More camping food tips:
1.Use fresh food first.
Fresh foods like meats, fruit and vegetables should be eaten at the beginning of your trip. Don’t make the mistake of reserving these items as they are more likely to spoil, wasting money and leaving you with less food to consume. These foods have been know to go off during our camping trips so it’s best to eat them first.
2. Use frozen foods next.
Frozen foods are great for packing while camping. They can be used as additional ice packs in coolers and consumed at a later date as they defrost. Meals should stay in the cooler or refrigerator until ready to be eaten. Be especially mindful of frozen meats that can spoil easily. It’s best to eat fresh and frozen foods before moving on to non-perishable items.
3. Finally, use non-perishable items.
Once the fresh and frozen foods that you have packed are eaten, start to use up your non-perishable items. Non-perishables can include things like: crackers, popcorn, rice, pasta and canned goods.
4. Keep snacks on hand.
Packing a wide variety of snacks is always a good idea. Depending on the activities that you are doing while camping, you may need the extra calorie consumption. Or if your other foods spoil, you have something else to rely on. We like to pack: sunflower seeds, chips, nuts, cookies, candy and trail mix.
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this camping post, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!