This Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich is one of our most requested recipes for camping. It is SO EASY to make and is the perfect, hearty meal for the entire family! With just a bit of preparation you can have an amazing camping meal for your next trip.
How to make this campfire philly cheesesteak sandwich:
To serve simply slice the sandwich into individual portions. I cut through the 1.5 inch section of bread leaving the filling intact between two slices of bread.
More camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker (aff link) makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
- 1 large loaf of french bread
- 1/4 cup garlic butter
- 2 cups cooked, sliced onion and pepper mixture
- 600g sliced roast beef
- 500g provolone cheese, sliced
- Aluminum foil
- Prepare onion and pepper mixture at home. Saute with 2 Tbsp butter and 1/4 cup oyster sauce. Pack in a container to take camping.
- Start by cutting slices into the bread about 1.5 inches apart and not all the way through to the bottom. Butter the insides of each slice.
- Drop a large scoop of the pepper mixture into each cut.
- Stuff with roast beef and cheese.
- Wrap in foil and place near the campfire coals to heat through until melty and golden.
- Slice the loaf into "sandwich" servings, cutting the bread all the way through, between your 1.5 inch slices from earlier.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 534Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 1737mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 42g