I would seriously rather be eating this tinfoil packet fajita recipe instead of writing about it. It’s just a little bit torturous having to stare at these photos and type up this recipe from Starbucks rather than in the wilderness. This recipe is that delicious you guys!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Tinfoil packets are one of my absolute favorite ways to cook when camping in the great outdoors. It makes creating “one pot” family style meals super easy and the clean up afterwards a breeze.
These fajitas are beyond yummy and quick to make while camping. Using a tin pie plate for this recipe provides a cooking surface that is just a bit more sturdy than a traditional tinfoil packet.
I could seriously eat this entire recipe straight from the dish making this a low carb and keto friendly camping meal.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
How to make a tinfoil packet:
- Cut two pieces of aluminum foil large enough to cover the entire meal (about 12″). Layer them one on top of the other. Optional: spray the interior with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Place recipe ingredients in the center. Bring up the longer edges of the foil and fold together. Grasp one end and roll it up, repeat with the other end.
- Alternatively foil pie plates may be used to cook foil packet meals. Simply place the recipe ingredients into the pie plate and cover with aluminum foil before cooking.
- For best results cook the foil packet on a grill over the open fire.
- Use caution when handling the foil packet as it can become hot while cooking.
1 lb sirloin steak, cut into strips
Orange bell pepper, sliced
Yellow bell pepper, sliced
Green bell pepper, sliced
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 cup tex mex shredded cheese
5 tortillas (optional)
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
1 cup salsa (optional)
2 green onion stalks, sliced (optional)
How to make this tinfoil packet fajita recipe:
- Cut steak, peppers and onion into strips.
2. Create a packet using tinfoil or foil pie plate. Place steak into packet, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
3. Layer steak with onions and pepper.
4. Mix together.
5. Top with cheese.
6. Wrap in the tinfoil packet and place over the fire or bar-b-cue for 40 minutes until cooked through.
7. Serve with tortillas, sour cream, salsa and green onions (optional).
Over the years I have experimented and tried out pretty much every camping tool known to woman. I love to cook and make delicious food while we are camping in the wilderness. Here are some of my favorite products to use while camping (affiliate links).
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of our favorites.
- Use my blank printable meal plan or camping meal plans to help organize your next trip.
We often eat these tinfoil packet fajitas straight out of the pan. That’s the beauty of tinfoil packet meals, very little clean up!
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this tinfoil packet fajita recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into strips
- Orange bell pepper, sliced
- Yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup tex mex shredded cheese
- 5 tortillas (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup salsa (optional)
- 2 green onion stalks, sliced (optional)
- Cut steak, peppers and onion into strips.
- Create a packet using tinfoil or foil pie plate.
- Place steak into packet, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Layer steak with onions and pepper, mix together.
- Top with cheese.
- Wrap in the tinfoil packet and place over the fire or bar-b-cue for 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream, salsa and green onions (optional).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 599Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 1058mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 37g