Today I am sharing my ultimate list of make ahead meals for camping. You guys know by now that we absolutely love camping. I spend at least 30 nights a year camping in the great outdoors.
Whether it be dirt biking and glamping in the travel trailer or hiking and backpacking with a two person tent, there is a very good chance that I am making delicious food surrounded by wilderness. You could say that I am a bit of a camp food connoisseur.
These camping recipes are ones that I have made and served to friends and family with rave reviews. They are also super easy to make and clean up which is a major requirement in menu planning whenever I go camping. The less time I spend making meals, the more time I can be dirt biking or hiking. Are you with me?!
Prepare these meals at home and one day of cooking can carry you though the entire summer!
Over the years I have experimented and tried out pretty much every camping tool known to woman. I love to cook and make delicious food while we are camping in the wilderness. Here are some of my favorite products to use while camping.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of our favorites.
- Use my blank printable meal plan or camping meal plans to help organize your next trip.
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this camping post, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!