This campfire chili cheese dip recipe is super easy to make and super delicious. Perfect for adding to your meal planning this summer!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
We love, love, love campfire dip! This cheesy campfire dip is a staple in all of our planning and the family requests that we have it all the time, even at home.
So last time we were camping I decided to spice it up a bit with the addition of this delicious homestyle chili. Total bonus that this recipe is just as easy to create as the original!
Campfire Chili Cheese Dip Recipe:
- Herb & garlic cream cheese
- Tex mex shredded cheese
- Homestyle chili
- Green onions
- Tortilla chips
- Prepare the ingredients. Tip: cut up and package veggies and cheese at home.
2. Combine cream cheese, chili and tex mex cheese into a foil packet.
3. Cook over the campfire on low for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melty.
4. Top with diced green onion and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Check out this “How to Build a Campfire for Cooking” post for more tips and tricks on cooking over a campfire!
We love how easy these kind of campfire dip meals are to prepare. I love how easy clean up is after!
Tips for making foil packets:
- Cut two pieces of aluminum foil large enough to cover the entire meal (about 12″). Layer them one on top of the other. Optional: spray the interior with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Place recipe ingredients in the center. Bring up the longer edges of the foil and fold together. Grasp one end and roll it up, repeat with the other end.
- Alternatively foil pie plates may be used to cook foil packet meals. Simply place the recipe ingredients into the pie plate and cover with aluminum foil before cooking.
- For best results cook the foil packet on a grill over the open fire.
- Use caution when handling the foil packet as it can become hot while cooking.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this chili cheese dip recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
- 250g Herb & garlic cream cheese
- 1 cup Tex mex shredded cheese
- 500 ml Homestyle chili
- 2 Green onions, diced
- 1 Bag Tortilla chips
- Combine cream cheese, chili and tex mex cheese into a foil packet.
- Cook over the campfire on low for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melty.
- Top with diced green onion and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 655mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 8gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g
All values are approximate and based on ingredients used by the recipe writer. Always calculate your own individual nutritional values for the most accurate calculation.