We use tinfoil packets in a lot of our camping meals! Like these tinfoil packet loaded campfire potatoes, tinfoil packet hobo meatloaf, tinfoil packet cheesy fries, tinfoil packet loaded cauliflower and tinfoil packet nacho dip recipes.
How to make Campfire Spinach Dip:
Our camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker (aff link) makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
This recipe is actually a spin off of one of our favorite holiday appetizers, this Four Ingredient Baked Spinach Dip recipe.
- 1 cup (250ml) sour cream
- 250g cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped, frozen spinach (drained)
- 1 packet vegetable soup mix (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a container that can easily be packed to take camping.
- Create a tin foil packet by layering two pieces of aluminum foil and placing the dip mixture in the center.
- Roll up the ends of the foil and bake in the campfire (near the hot coals but not in the fire) for 20-25 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
- Carefully unwrap the packet and serve with bread for dipping.