This Buffalo Cauliflower Bake Recipe is absolutely delicious and perfect for making ahead to take on your next camping trip.
One of my favorite flavour combinations is cheese and buffalo… anything. Seriously, if the recipe calls for hot sauce and cheese, sign me up! This Buffalo Cauliflower Bake recipe has been a fantastic addition to our meal planning. It is especially perfect to make and take for camping. Let me show ya…
How to make this Keto Buffalo Cauliflower Bake:
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Be sure to check out my Etsy Shop where you can now find the best, personalized camping gear!
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
I can almost taste the spicy, cheesy goodness now! I love that this is something that you could make at home OR take camping and wow your family with your outdoor cooking skills. Throwing these ingredients all together and creating a tinfoil packet makes for easy cooking and clean up!
All you need are these four simple ingredients: cauliflower, Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, original cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
Toss everything into a large freezer bag for easy meal preparation. Store this in the freezer for whenever you are ready to cook it. For quicker cooking time, steam the cauliflower and allow it to cool prior to adding to the bag.
Tips for making Camping Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags. Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer.
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator and place into tinfoil packet for cooking or dump onto a skillet.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of my favorites.
You could also add cooked chicken breast to this packet for and easy “one pan” dump meal full of protein! I often serve this as a side with steaks or smokies cooked on the bar-be-cue.
Tips for making tinfoil packets:
- Cut two pieces of aluminum foil large enough to cover the entire meal (about 12″). Layer them one on top of the other. Optional: spray the interior with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Place recipe ingredients in the center. Bring up the longer edges of the foil and fold together. Grasp one end and roll it up, repeat with the other end.
- Alternatively foil pie plates may be used to cook foil packet meals. Simply place the recipe ingredients into the pie plate and cover with aluminum foil before cooking.
- For best results cook the foil packet on a grill over the open fire.
- Use caution when handling the foil packet as it can become hot while cooking.
Check out Our Favorite Camping Recipes!
If you love this easy keto cauliflower bake recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bake Camping Recipe
- 1 head of cauliflower, diced
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp liquid monk fruit sweetener or honey (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a large freezer safe bag.
- Freeze until ready to use.
- Defrost and pour into a tinfoil packet.
- Cook on grill or campfire over medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1921mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 13g