You have got to try this Greek Chicken Skewer camping recipe, it is a huge hit with my family. I seriously cannot make these skewers fast enough before they disappear straight off of the grill!
The combination of ingredients in the marinade are to. die. for and perfect for those who are following a keto lifestyle!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Be sure to check out my Etsy Shop where you can now find personalized camping gear!
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
How to make these greek chicken skewers:
I have called this a camping recipe but of course it’s perfect for making at home and grilling on the bar-be-cue. We are often escaping into the great outdoors and eat a lot of meals in the woods lol. So I love to prepare this recipe at home and pack it into our cooler for camping. It’s nice to leave all of the mess at home and anticipating a delicious pre-made meal during our time camping.
I try to batch out as many camping meals as I can this way. A little bit of meal preparation and planning goes a long way in making our time more enjoyable. Grab my free printable meal planner for your next vacation into the great outdoors. I promise, it helps!
- Start by cutting the chicken, pepper and red onion into cubes.
2. Alternate the skewers with chicken, pepper, onion and cherry tomatoes.
3. Once the skewers are made cover them with a greek marinade for at least an hour.
This marinade recipe is my absolute favorite!
Greek Marinade ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
If you’re saving this recipe for later simply store the skewers in a freezer safe bag and pour the marinade over top. I love how this allows the flavours to really soak into the chicken and vegetables.
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for making Camping Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags. Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer or cooler.
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator and place into tinfoil packet for cooking on the campfire or bar-b-cue.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
Yes, these Greek Chicken Skewers take a little bit of prep work but I promise, they are so worth it!! Serve them with rice or flat bread for a complete meal for the family.
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this yummy Greek chicken skewer recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Serving Size: 2 skewers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 54g
Check out some of our other delicious camping recipes…