This Campfire Pizza Bake Recipe is life changing, I swear! I seriously couldn’t be more excited about a camping recipe.
It’s beyond easy to make and a total crowd pleaser, especially with the kids. You are going to want to add it to your camping meal planning asap!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Two things that I strive to do while camping: make delicious food and make delicious food that is easy! Anything that combines pizza and a tinfoil packet is a winner in my books. Total bonus that the kids absolutely love this campfire pizza bake and request it all of the time!
I love that this is so easy to prepare when we are camping in the wilderness! This recipe requires no special ingredients or tools to make. Simplicity is key here.
How to make a tinfoil packet:
- Cut two pieces of aluminum foil large enough to cover the entire meal (about 12″). Layer them one on top of the other. Optional: spray the interior with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Place recipe ingredients in the center. Bring up the longer edges of the foil and fold together. Grasp one end and roll it up, repeat with the other end.
- Alternatively foil pie plates may be used to cook foil packet meals. Simply place the recipe ingredients into the pie plate and cover with aluminum foil before cooking.
- For best results cook the foil packet on a grill over the open fire.
- Use caution when handling the foil packet as it can become hot while cooking.
What you’ll need:
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 1/2 can (100ml) of pizza sauce
- 150 g pepperoni, sliced
- 9 slices (60g) mozzerella cheese
How to make this campfire pizza bake:
- Cut the french bread in half lengthwise.
2. Spread pizza sauce on both sides of the bread.
3. Layer pepperoni and cheese alternatingly on the bread.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
4. Sandwich the ingredients between the two sides of the bread and wrap in tinfoil.
5. Place over the campfire or bar-b-cue for 15 mins or until warmed through and melted.
6. Cut into sandwich sized servings.
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of our favorites.
- Use my blank printable meal plan or camping meal plans to help organize your next trip.
Over the years I have experimented and tried out pretty much every camping tool known to woman. I love to cook and make yummy food while we are camping.
You could totally change up this campfire pizza bake by simply adding your own toppings. Really, you could throw anything between two slices of french bread with cheese and call it done!
Other campfire pizza bake toppings to try:
- green bell pepper
- tomato paste (for a thicker sauce)
- ranch dressing
- ham slices
- cheddar cheese
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this easy campfire pizza recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 1160mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 23g
This campfire pizza bake was originally shared on Campfire Foodie.