This Campfire Pizza Bake Recipe is life changing, I swear! I seriously couldn’t be more excited about a camping recipe. It’s beyond easy to make and a total crowd pleaser, especially with the kids. You are going to want to add it to your camping meal planning asap!
Two things that I strive to do while camping: make delicious food and make delicious food that is easy! Anything that combines pizza and a tinfoil packet is a winner in my books. Total bonus that the kids absolutely love this campfire pizza bake and request it all of the time!
I love that this is so easy to prepare when we are camping in the wilderness! This recipe requires no special ingredients or tools to make. Simplicity is key here.
What you’ll need:
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 1/2 can (100ml) of pizza sauce
- 150 g pepperoni, sliced
- 9 slices (60g) mozzerella cheese
How to make this campfire pizza bake:
- Cut the french bread in half lengthwise.
2. Spread pizza sauce on both sides of the bread.
3. Layer pepperoni and cheese alternatingly on the bread.
4. Sandwich the ingredients between the two sides of the bread and wrap in tinfoil.
5. Place over the campfire or bar-b-cue for 15 mins or until warmed through and melted.
6. Cut into sandwich sized servings.
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers (aff link). These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich recipes are some of my favorites.
Over the years I have experimented and tried out pretty much every camping tool known to woman. I love to cook and make yummy food while we are camping. Here are some of my favorite products to use while camping (affiliate links).
Camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration!
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt (yikes!).
You could totally change up this campfire pizza bake by simply adding your own toppings. Really, you could throw anything between two slices of french bread with cheese and call it done!
Other campfire pizza bake toppings to try:
- green bell pepper
- tomato paste (for a thicker sauce)
- ranch dressing
- ham slices
- cheddar cheese
This campfire pizza bake was originally shared on Campfire Foodie.