We love using these pie iron dessert recipes whenever we go camping. They are perfect for camp cooking over the open fire. My kids love using camp cookers whenever we head out into the great outdoors. They are super easy to use and help to make meal planning and clean up a breeze. Today I am sharing a ton of delicious dessert recipes that you could make in a pie iron.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
We always have pie irons packed in the travel trailer for camping. They are such a handy tool for making quick meals, snacks and desserts. We’ve even pulled them out to use at home on the deck with our propane fire pit. The kids love using pie irons for dessert at home too!
This post contains affiliate links.
Some of our camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
Pie iron dessert recipes:
My boys love pumpkin pie so this Pie Iron Pumpkin Pie recipe is a favorite of theirs.
Fresh baked cookies made while camping?! Yes please! These Camp Cooker Cookies are absolutely delicious.
This Pie Iron Apple Turnover recipe is like having fresh baked apple pie at the campground.
Nutella & Banana Biscuits are always a hit with our crew!
I love, love, love cherry pie so this Pie Iron Cherry Pie tops my must make list.
Who wouldn’t love these Camp Cooker Cinnamon Buns served with their camping coffee?!
This Camp Cooker Dessert post was one of the first camp cooker recipes that I shared on the blog. It’s an oldie but a goodie you guys!
Tips for cooking with a camp cooker:
- When cooking with a camp cooker, begin by applying non stick cooking spray or oil to the inside of both cooking plates. This step is important so that your delicious meal doesn’t stick to the plates and burn.
- Place your recipe ingredients into the cooker before closing and latching it.
- Cook the recipe over an open fire. We recommend placing the cooker over the fire for two minutes before unlatching, checking for doneness and flipping the cooker over to cook the other side.
- Use caution when handling both the metal latch and handles as they can become hot while cooking.
Meal planning is essential whenever we go camping! This way most of the mess stays at home and we have delicious meals ready for our entire trip.
Camping meal planning tips:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of my favorites.
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this pie iron dessert post, please help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!