These tinfoil packet recipes are perfect for cooking on the grill or over the campfire.
We love to go camping every summer so I have become somewhat of a tinfoil packet aficionado. I find that preparing and cooking meals in this way to be simple and delicious. Today I have rounded up some of our all time favorite tinfoil packet recipes for your grilling pleasure…
Delicious Tinfoil Packet Recipes:
This recipe is perfect for making Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches!
Craving fajitas?! Check out this simple tinfoil packet fajita recipe!
Tinfoil packet cheesy fries are a crowd pleaser with the kids.
Make a taco filling and top it with lettuce and sour cream. This tinfoil packet taco salad is another one of our favorites!
For a delicious twist on traditional grilled chicken, try this pineapple coconut tinfoil packet chicken.
This campfire spinach dip recipe is always a winner with the adults!
We make this Cheesy Campfire Dip every time that we head into the great outdoors!
This campfire pizza bake is so simple to make and clearly delicious!
Loaded campfire potatoes are perfect paired with grilled steak or chicken.
This Campfire Philly Cheesesteak recipe is one of the most viewed on the blog so it MUST be good!
This loaded campfire cauliflower is a low carb twist on our loaded potato recipe.
Some camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker (aff link) makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers (aff link). These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of my favorites.
[wide-button]Our Favorite Camping Recipes[/wide-button]
Which of these tinfoil packet recipes do you plan on trying first? I highly recommend it be the Campfire Dip!