These tinfoil packet recipes are perfect for cooking on the grill or over the campfire.
We love to go camping every summer so I have become somewhat of a tinfoil packet aficionado. I find that preparing and cooking meals in this way to be simple and delicious. Today I have rounded up some of our all time favorite tinfoil packet recipes for your grilling pleasure…
Too busy to make these right away?! Pin it for later! Pin these recipes to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and they’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
First, here’s how to make a tinfoil packet:
- Cut two pieces of aluminum foil large enough to cover the entire meal (about 12″). Layer them one on top of the other. Optional: spray the interior with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Place recipe ingredients in the center. Bring up the longer edges of the foil and fold together. Grasp one end and roll it up, repeat with the other end.
- Alternatively foil pie plates may be used to cook foil packet meals. Simply place the recipe ingredients into the pie plate and cover with aluminum foil before cooking.
- For best results cook the foil packet on a grill over the open fire.
- Use caution when handling the foil packet as it can become hot while cooking.
Delicious Tinfoil Packet Recipes:
This Nacho Dip recipe is easy AND super yummy!
This recipe is perfect for making Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches!
Craving fajitas?! Check out this simple tinfoil packet fajita recipe!
Tinfoil packet cheesy fries are a crowd pleaser with the kids.
Make a taco filling and top it with lettuce and sour cream. This tinfoil packet taco salad is another one of our favorites!
For a delicious twist on traditional grilled chicken, try this pineapple coconut tinfoil packet chicken.
This campfire spinach dip recipe is always a winner with the adults!
We make this Cheesy Campfire Dip every time that we head into the great outdoors!
This campfire pizza bake is so simple to make and clearly delicious!
Loaded campfire potatoes are perfect paired with grilled steak or chicken.
This Campfire Philly Cheesesteak recipe is one of the most viewed on the blog so it MUST be good!
This loaded campfire cauliflower is a low carb twist on our loaded potato recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of our favorites.
- Use my blank printable meal plan or camping meal plans to help organize your next trip.
Which of these tinfoil packet recipes do you plan on trying first? I highly recommend it be the Campfire Dip!
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this camping post, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!