This grilled pineapple chicken recipe is absolutely delicious! I am so excited to share this recipe with you today! We’ve already started our camping season and I have been on the lookout for fabulous new dishes to try.
Add this yummy grilled chicken recipe to your list as it is sure to become a favorite and one that you will want to pack on your next camping trip!
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
I absolutely love tinfoil packet meals because they make clean up while in the great outdoors a breeze! But this grilled chicken recipe can totally be made at home too. All you need is a grill and you’ve got a super tasty meal for any night of the week!
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
How to make a tinfoil packet:
- Cut two pieces of aluminum foil large enough to cover the entire meal (about 12″). Layer them one on top of the other. Optional: spray the interior with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Place recipe ingredients in the center. Bring up the longer edges of the foil and fold together. Grasp one end and roll it up, repeat with the other end.
- Alternatively foil pie plates may be used to cook foil packet meals. Simply place the recipe ingredients into the pie plate and cover with aluminum foil before cooking.
- For best results cook the foil packet on a grill over the open fire.
- Use caution when handling the foil packet as it can become hot while cooking.
When preparing this dish you can choose to layer the chicken on top of one pineapple skin or sandwich it between two, depending on how much pineapple you have.
How to make this grilled pineapple chicken recipe:
For this recipe you only need four ingredients, chicken breast, coconut milk, fresh pineapple and red curry paste. All of the prep work can be done at home before you even leave on your trip!
Simply prepare the chicken as directed and combine with coconut milk and curry in a large ziploc bag. Marinade for a few hours or overnight in the fridge. You can even freeze this meal and save it for using later, just defrost it the night before use.
Tips for making Camping Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags (aff link). Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer or cooler.
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator and place into tinfoil packet for cooking on the campfire or bar-b-cue.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
When ready to cook layer the chicken on top of the pineapple skin.
Wrap in tinfoil and cook on the BBQ or fire for 10-12 minutes.
Look at this chicken… it’s infused with the flavours of coconut, pineapple, curry and is beyond moist and delicious. My friend Stephan introduced me to this recipe and as a talented cook we are lucky that he shared it!
Tips for camping meal preparation:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size freezer bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of our favorites.
- Use my blank printable meal plan or camping meal plans to help organize your next trip.
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this easy pineapple chicken recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!