These keto camping recipes make it easy to stay low carb this summer. This healthy recipe list will help you stay on a keto diet throughout your camping trip!
Our camping season is in full swing and I have been busy keto camping meal prepping for all of our trips into the great outdoors. A few years ago, I discovered a ketogenic lifestyle so I have been making simple substitutions to my camping recipes to keep them all low carb and keto this summer.
I have lost over 85 pounds in just one year following a ketogenic diet! Be sure to check out my Keto Back to Basics Course if you would like to learn more about finding success on keto. Today I am sharing a ton of keto food ideas with you…
Too busy to make these keto recipes right away?! Pin this for later! Save this post to your favorite camping board on Pinterest and it will be there when you need it.
Keto Camping Recipes List:
This Korean beef skillet recipe is absolutely delicious and a great choice for making ahead for camping!
Tinfoil packet meals are awesome for cooking over the campfire. This tinfoil packet taco salad is a winner because it’s high protein and made using my homemade taco seasoning. It’s the perfect keto camping recipe!
Preparing meals that travel well is essential when camping. This Cauliflower Keto Salad is super yummy and easy to pack on long trips! I take this recipe on all of our camping adventures.
One pot style meals are a life saver when camping because they are so easy to make. We love this make ahead hearty sausage skillet camping recipe. It’s a delicious and low carb keto camping recipe!
This loaded campfire cauliflower recipe makes a tasty side to steak or chicken on the barbecue. Top with sour cream and bacon bits for a delicious meal!
This post contains affiliate links.
Our camp cooking essentials:
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- We love this Dutch Oven for making one pot meals and this Coleman camp stove is an easy way to enjoy outdoor cooking.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
- We love these BBQ Cooking Gloves because they make handling campfire food a whole lot safer!
Make keto sandwiches!
These Low Carb Bagels from Wholesome Yum are perfect for camping! They have a firm, chewy texture which makes them very good for packing into coolers and backpacks AND super yummy!
I love a freshly toasted bagel in the morning. Top with your favorite cream cheese and you have a delish keto meal on the go. The grocery store now has low carb jam without added sugar too.
This Cloud Bread from a Spicy Perspective is a simple, low carb alternative to traditional wraps and breads.
I made a variation of this amazing looking Cheesy Mushroom Stuffed Chicken from Cafe Delites. Simply prepare the chicken as directed (butterfly, tenderize and stuff) then wrap it in tinfoil, label the foil and put it in the freezer to pack for camping later.
I stuffed my chicken with mushrooms, havarti cheese and a strip of cooked bacon. This was so good thrown onto the BBQ and served with green beans! Another of our favorite keto camping meals for sure.
Bring on the breakfast food!
Most Keto breakfast foods are pretty easy to prepare while camping. Bacon, sausage, ham and all kinds of egg ideas come to mind! But if you want to do a little meal prep before your trip then these Ham & Egg Roll Ups from Delish are just the ticket!
Or you could make these Camping Breakfast Burritos and substitute the traditional wrap for Protein Up, Carb Down ones (found at Walmart). Or what about making these Breakfast Bites and putting them into a freezer bag to pack for camping?
My new favorite thing is this keto camping breakfast skillet recipe. I simply chop and dice the ingredients at home and pack them in a large freezer bag. Then it’s easy to put on them on the grill or over the fire when we are in the great outdoors.
I like to have a few energy bites ready for hiking, bike riding and camping as well. They are perfect as a quick, easy snack on the run but need to be prepared at home.
Keep them in the freezer until you’re ready to pack. I really like these Lemon Balls from Mouthwatering Motivation, they are prefect for keto camping!
These Almond Bites from Mouthwatering Motivation are yummy fat bombs too! You could add protein powder, peanut butter or mct oil to the filling as well.
Tips for camping meal preparation when following keto:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use foil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags (affiliate link) for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. This Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Keto Buffalo Cauliflower Bake and Keto Foil Packet Fajitas are some of my favorite keto meals.
Be sure to check out my Keto Backpacking Food Ideas too!
- hard cheese
- deli meat
- pork rinds
- sunflower seeds
- cheddar cheese
- chicken breasts
- taco meat
I have a ton of camping recipes that I plan on simply modifying to be keto friendly this year. Substituting cauliflower for potatoes makes most camping recipes super versatile. And swapping out vegetables for nacho chips still gives you that satisfying crunch without the carbs.
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!