Many of these keto camping food ideas don’t require a lot of prep work. Whenever we are travelling in the great outdoors I like to keep things as simple on my keto diet. When I began following a ketogenic diet I set out to find as many keto friendly meal options as I could to take camping.
Recently I shared a ton of keto camping recipes that we love to use while camping. Today I want to give you an entire listing of keto camping food ideas that you could bring on your next trip.
Planning is key to staying keto!
I keep a grocery list of keto friendly foods saved to my phone at all times for when I go to the grocery store. This makes grabbing items that I need for camping super easy. I simply scan the list and pick up keto friendly snacks and specialty recipe ingredients while I am shopping for next camping trip.
While hot dogs and peanut butter are often camping staples, these easy keto meals take things to the next level. It’s amazing the easy recipes that you can make without added sugar or extra carbs!
More tips for camping meal planning:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use foil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers (affiliate link). These tools help to make clean-up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Cauliflower and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of my favorites.
Be sure to check out my eBook Our Favorite Camping Recipes for an easy download with more keto food ideas!
I like to keep meal planning while travelling as easy as possible. Making things ahead of time, like these keto bagels, makes following a ketogenic lifestyle a whole lot easier!
Camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Printable Meal Plan for Camping to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration!
- We love this Dutch Oven for making one pot meals and this Coleman camp stove is an easy way to enjoy outdoor cooking.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt (yikes!).
Here’s a giant list of my keto camping food ideas:
- Parmesan Whisps
- Harvest Farmers Sausage
- Babybel Cheese
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Taco meat
- Protein bars
- Green Beans
- Deli meat
- Cream cheese
- Chicken breasts
- Protein powder
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Slice Turkey Breast
- Bacon (of course!)
- Sunflower seeds
- Cheddar cheese
- Pork Rinds
- Bell pepper
- Fat bombs
- Hard cheese
I have found most of these things at Costco (I freaking love Costco!). If needed I’ll portion each food out into reuseable containers or freezer bags so that they are smaller and easier to pack. Like sour cream, olive oil and instant coffee.
The more preparation I can do at home, the easier our camping life will be! I have also made a number of seriously yummy keto recipes to take with us.
Like these 20+ Make Ahead Meals for Camping!
All of these keto camping foods have been packaged and prepared ahead of time and stored in the freezer. These will go into the freezer and fridge in my trailer. You can wait until the last minute to pack these into your cooler with ice as well. Here are a few of my favorite camping recipes…
This tinfoil packet nacho recipe is a great way to enjoy pub style nachos while camping. Add this recipe to your next camping trip!
Oh my goodness I love all your ideas. Now I have to decide which ones to make with only two days to eat it all
Thanks hon! Enjoy <3