Many of these keto camping food ideas don’t require a lot of prep work. Whenever we are travelling in the great outdoors I like to keep things as simple as possible. When I began following a ketogenic lifestyle I set out to find as many keto friendly meal options as I could to take camping.
Recently I shared a ton of keto camping recipes that we love to use while camping. Today I want to give you an entire listing of keto camping food ideas that you could bring on your next trip.
Planning is key to staying keto!
I keep a grocery list of keto friendly foods saved to my phone at all times. This makes grabbing items that I need for camping super easy. I simply scan the list and pick up keto friendly snacks and specialty recipe ingredients while I am shopping for next camping trip.
More tips for camping meal planning:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers (aff link). These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Cauliflower and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of my favorites.
Be sure to check out my eBook Our Favorite Camping Recipes for an easy download with more keto camping food ideas!
I like to keep meal planning while travelling as easy as possible. Making things ahead of time, like these keto bagels, makes life a whole lot easier!
Camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Printable Meal Plan for Camping to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration!
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt (yikes!).
Here’s a giant list of my keto camping food ideas:
- Parmesan Whisps
- Harvest Farmers Sausage
- Babybel Cheese
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Green Beans
- Cream cheese
- Chicken breast
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Slice Turkey Breast
- Bacon (of course!)
- Bell pepper
I have found most of these things at Costco (I freaking love Costco!). If needed I’ll portion each food out into reuseable containers or freezer bags so that they are smaller and easier to pack. The more preparation I can do at home, the easier our camping life will be! I have also made a number of seriously yummy keto recipes to take with us.
All of these keto camping foods have been packaged and prepared ahead of time and stored in the freezer. These will go into the freezer and fridge in my trailer. You can wait until the last minute to pack these into your cooler with ice as well. Here are a few of my favorite camping recipes…