This camp cooker cherry pie is an easy and delicious treat to make while camping. We love camping and we love dessert so this tasty recipe was pretty much a no brainer.
It’s so easy the kids can make this over the campfire in a pinch. Check out the recipe and make your own camping cherry pie!
If you don’t have one then you definitely need to purchase a Pie Iron of your own and make this cherry pie!!
I love recipes that are super simple to take and create whenever we are camping. These kinds of recipes help to keep the mess and preparation at home. This pie iron Cherry Pie is no different.
This pie recipe uses only three ingredients that you can quickly find and purchase at your local grocery store. Ingredients that the kids are sure to love, especially when they are combined and cooked over the campfire!
Tips for cooking with a camp cooker:
- When cooking with a camp cooker, begin by applying non stick cooking spray or oil to the inside of both cooking plates. This step is important so that your delicious meal doesn’t stick to the plates and burn.
- Place your recipe ingredients into the cooker before closing and latching it.
- Cook the recipe over an open fire. We recommend placing the cooker over the fire for two minutes before unlatching, checking for doneness and flipping the cooker over to cook the other side.
- Use caution when handling both the metal latch and handles as they can become hot while cooking.
How to make camp cooker cherry pie:
- Plan to purchase and pack cherry pie filling, Pillsbury flaky rolls and whipping cream on your camping trip.
2. Spray the inside of the camp cooker with non stick cooking spray. Open the tin of rolls, stretch and press a roll onto both sides of the iron.
3. Fill the dough with about 2 tablespoons of pie filling. Top with the second roll and close and latch the iron.
4. Cook over the fire for approximately 5 minutes per side.
5. Unlatch and check the pie for doneness frequently so that it does not burn. The pie is done when the dough is golden on the outside.
6. Top with whipping cream and serve.
We always have camp cookers packed in the travel trailer for camping. They are such a handy tool for making quick meals, snacks and desserts.
We’ve even pulled them out to use at home on the deck with our propane fire pit. The kids love using pie irons for dessert at home too!
This post contains affiliate links.
More of our camp cooking essentials:
- Menu planning for camping is something that I always do to stay organized. Grab this free Meal Planner Printable to get started on your next trip.
- A Pie Iron Camp Cooker makes cooking over the open fire super easy. Check out these 20+ Pie Iron Recipe Ideas for tons of camp cooker inspiration! Or visit my how to use a pie iron post for tips.
- Foil Pie Plates make tinfoil packet meals even easier with the sturdy base that they provide.
- These Grilling Bags that I recently found are amazing! Simply add all of your ingredients to the bag at home then throw it on the campfire or grill when camping in the great outdoors. Avoid the grill bags with plastic windows, they melt.
Meal planning is essential whenever we go camping! This way most of the mess stays at home and we have delicious meals ready for our entire trip.
Here are some of our tips for camping meal planning:
- Prepare meals in advance at home whenever possible. Leave most of the mess at home where running water is more accessible and clean up is easier. Trust me on this one!
- Create “one pot” family style meals for quick dinners that don’t require a lot of thought.
- Use tinfoil packets, foil pie pans or camp cookers. These tools help to make clean up a breeze!
- Pack ingredients in 1 gallon size ziploc bags for flexible storage in small fridges and coolers.
- Plan meals that use similar ingredients to help make packing and planning easy. These Cheesy Vegetable Campfire Dip, Loaded Campfire Potatoes and Tinfoil Packet Nacho Dip recipes are some of my favorites.
Be sure to grab our eBook for even more ideas – Our Favorite Camping Recipes!
I would love for you to check out my new blog, Campfire Foodie, where I’m sharing ALL of the camping recipes!!
If you love this camp cooker cherry pie recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!
Camp Cooker Cherry Pie
This camp cooker cherry pie is an easy and delicious treat to make while camping. Check out the recipe and find tips for perfect pie iron pie.
- Pillsbury flaky rolls
- Cherry pie filling
- Whipping cream
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray the inside of the pie iron with non stick cooking spray. Open the tin of rolls, stretch and press a roll onto both sides of the iron.
- Fill the dough with about 2 tablespoons of pie filling. Top with the second roll and close and latch the pie iron.
- Cook over the fire for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Unlatch and check the pie for doneness frequently so that it does not burn. The pie is done when the dough is golden on the outside.
- Top with whipping cream and serve.