This Chocolate Oatmeal & Banana Muffin recipe is super yummy! These muffins are perfect for breakfast or a lunch time snack.
This is an incredible chocolate oatmeal & banana muffin recipe that you will want to try baking soon. These muffins have a rich, moist texture that is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
I had to hide our last batch in the freezer for lunches or they all would have been eaten! You guys know that we have been on a mission to change our lifestyle and eat healthier as a family. This is seriously one of our favorite recipes but you should also check out this Avocado & Banana Muffin Recipe, Rhubarb Muffin Recipe and Double Chocolate Chip Muffins.
I mean, how amazing do these look?! They taste just as good, I promise. This is a great guilt free muffin perfect for breakfast, lunch or dessert! You could also try substituting almond flour for the oats in this recipe or stevia for the honey. Just be sure to create a thick, cake like batter and watch the baking time.
- Almond flour is my personal favorite for consistency and flavour. I like to purchase the Kirkland brand almond flour from Costco.
- Coconut flour can sometimes be crumbly in my experience but good in combination with almond flour. I like the Red Mill brand.
- Rice flour is my least favorite in terms of consistency but a great alternative for those who may have allergies.
- Stevia is made from the Stevia leaf, I like to use both the granulated and powdered version of this in my recipes.
- Monk Fruit extract is made from Monk fruit, this is another great alternative that is low on the glycemic index.
- Erythritol is a sugar alcohol and another popular low carb sweetener that can be used in baking.
How to make this Chocolate Oatmeal & Banana Muffin Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray the muffin pan with non stick spray.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into each muffin cavity until 3/4 full.
- Top with reserved chocolate.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
Kitchen essentials for baking:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.
Please let me know how you like this chocolate oatmeal & banana muffin recipe!