This easy Crockpot Lasagna Recipe is one of our favorite recipes that we like to add to our monthly menu planning meal rotation.
There are two things that make life a whole lot easier when you have a busy, active family. 1. Using a crockpot and 2. Creating freezer meals. I absolutely love having meals prepped ahead of time that I can simply add to my menu planning each week.
I often do all of my freezer meal preparation in one “batch” like in this Meal Planning post that I shared a few years ago. I have a number of delicious recipes that I like to include in meal planning like these 12 Crockpot Freezer Meals. I use a large 7 Quart Slow Cooker to cook all of my freezer meals in. I love this size because it has lots of room for larger recipes that serve 6-8 but I can still use it for smaller recipes that only have 4 servings.
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for making Crockpot Freezer Meals:
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags. Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions.
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer.
- This 7-Quart Oval Crockpot is the only one that I use and has lasted for over ten years!
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator or place frozen into the crockpot. If the meal is defrosted, reduce the cooking time accordingly (subtract two hours for most crockpot meals).
- Crockpot meals can easily be converted to Instant Pot recipes using this handy guide from Taste of Home – How to Convert Slow Cooker Recipes for the Instant Pot.
- Store meals for up to three months in the freezer.
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
How to make crockpot lasagna:
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 5 1/2oz can tomato paste
- 1 500 ml jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients except Mozzarella cheese into the crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Just before serving add the cheese and stir. Tip: depending on the moisture content of your ingredients, more water may need to be added towards the end of cooking.
This Crockpot Lasagna is always a hit with the kids and its a winner for me because its so easy to make on those busy weekdays!
If you love this easy crockpot recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!