There are two things that make life a whole lot easier when you have a busy, active family. 1. Using a crockpot and 2. Creating freezer meals. I absolutely love having meals prepped ahead of time that I can simply add to my menu planning each week. This Crockpot Lasagna is one of our favorite recipes that I add to our monthly rotation regularly.
I often do all of my freezer meal preparation in one “batch” like in this Meal Planning post that I shared a few years ago. I have a number of delicious recipes that I like to include in meal planning like these 12 Crockpot Freezer Meals. I use a large 6 Quart Slow Cooker to cook all of my freezer meals in. I love this size because it has lots of room for larger recipes that serve 6-8 but I can still use it for smaller recipes that only have 4 servings.
Tips for making Crockpot Freezer Meals:
- Select recipes with similar ingredients for faster meal prepping.
- Use 1 gallon, large freezer bags. Label bags with the date, recipe and cooking instructions
- Lay ingredients flat in the bag for easier storage in the freezer.
- Defrost meals in the refrigerator or place frozen into the crockpot. If the meal is defrosted, reduce the cooking time accordingly (subtract two hours for most crockpot meals).
- Crockpot meals can easily be converted to Instant Pot recipes using this handy guide from Taste of Home – How to Convert Slow Cooker Recipes for the Instant Pot.
- 1½ lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 5½oz can tomato paste
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
This Crockpot Lasagna is always a hit with the kids and its a winner for me because its so easy to make on those busy weekdays!