This do-it-yourself tin can robot craft is the perfect boredom buster for kids. Simply grab a can, glue, magnets and metal fixtures to start creating unique robots today!
Hey friends! Today I have a do-it-yourself kid craft for you that is perfect for spring break. If you are looking for a good boredom buster for the kids then you have come to the right place! These DIY Tin Can Robots are easy and totally fun to make.
My favorite kind of craft is one that uses supplies that can be found around the house. The only thing that you may need to purchase is this X-Treme School Glue from Elmer’s. It is perfect for this project because it is even stronger than regular school glue and provides a very secure bond for all of the robot parts.
How to make this tin can robot craft:
Too busy to make this right away?! Pin it for later! Pin this project to your favorite craft board on Pinterest and it’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Elmer’s X-Treme School Glue
Elmer’s Magnetic Buttons
Clean, empty tin cans
Various metal parts (nuts, bolts, fasteners, brackets etc.)
I made chili recently and was sure to keep a few of the various sized cans with Tin Can Robots in mind. Before handing this project over to the kids I rinsed the cans well and glued the lids back on to help protect little fingers from sharp edges.
1. Rinse out cans and glue lids back on (adult help required)
2. Glue metal parts to magnets using Elmer’s X-Treme School Glue and allow to dry completely.
3. Create unique, funny and silly robot friends by simply sticking the magnetic features to a tin can.
With so many different metal features, the possibilities are endless! Try glueing other craft supplies to the magnets for a whole new look. Pom poms, feathers, pipe cleaners, googlie eyes and popsicle sticks would be totally fun too!
What fun feature would you add to a Tin Can Robot?
This post contains affiliate links.
Crafting essentials for kid crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love this easy craft, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!
I am a member of the Elmer’s Crafty Parents Crew. This post has been sponsored by Elmer’s however all opinions are 100% my own.