This DIY Vintage Car Ornament is absolutely darling!! I am a sucker for anything vintage and red around the holidays so these do-it-yourself ornaments were a must make!
These vintage cars make the perfect addition to a Christmas tree. I think that this blue one has to be my favorite! Follow this simple tutorial for the cutest DIY vintage car ornament holiday craft!
This post contains affiliate links.
How to make a DIY Vintage Car Ornament:
- Gather your supplies.
2. Use the hot glue gun to glue the tree to the back of the hot wheels car.
3. Tie a piece of bakers twine (about 8″) around the car and tree to hang.
That’s it!! Now you have the cutest DIY ornament to accent your holiday decor. This VW punch buggy might be tied for first place with the blue vintage car…. it’s hard to decide!!
More of my essentials for holiday crafts:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
I love, love, love how simple and classic these ornaments are! Kids of any age could very well make them with a bit of adult supervision. This one would be perfect for a Fire Fighter!
My grandpa used to have an old vintage car like this only it was mud brown in colour lol.
The red truck and green tree is just such an icon Christmas look, no?!
Gift ideas for vintage car ornaments:
- hang them from the Christmas tree
- attach them to a Christmas gift
- string one over the neck of a bottle of wine
- attach one to a box of homemade cookies (like these Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies – my fav!)
- add to your holiday decor around the house
If you love this darling vintage ornament, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook and Pinterest!