Apple Chocolate Covered Pretzels – delicious chocolate covered pretzels with darling green m&m stems make easy treats for back to school!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this recipe to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be waiting there when you’re ready.
Pretzels are so fun to create back to school themed treats with! It’s super easy to make chocolate covered pretzel snacks with candy melts and m&ms.
What are chocolate covered pretzels?
Chocolate covered pretzels are delicious little treats with the perfect combination of sweet and salty flavours. These apple pretzels are made easy by simply using mini pretzels, dipping them in chocolate and then adding green m&m stems.
These holiday treats are so much fun for kids of all ages to make and take to a party or event.
I love how pretty these treats look with red candy melts and m&ms! They can easily be adapted by simply using different colored chocolate.
How to Make Apple Chocolate Pretzels:
This post contains affiliate links.
* Wilton red candy melts will never truly dry into a dark red color. If you would like a darker red color to your pretzel apples, try adding a drop of red gel food coloring to the melted chocolate.
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is completely smooth.
3. Dip the pretzel into the chocolate, coating it entirely.
Alternately, you can also use this new Wilton Chocolate Melting Pot that keeps the chocolate melted at the perfect temperature!
Tip: I like to use a fork for lifting the pretzel out of the chocolate because it allows the excess chocolate to drip between the tines.
4. Place the treats on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5. Add mini m&ms to the melted chocolate before it cools. Press the candy into the chocolate so that it really sticks.
6. Place the chocolate covered pretzels in the fridge and allow the chocolate to harden completely before serving.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE EASY TREATS:
- Use Wilton candy melts for best results, the wafer chocolate melts the best. Add one teaspoon of coconut oil to other melted chocolate chips to help them melt and pour better.
- Lay the chocolate covered treat on a parchment lined baking sheet for easy moving and transporting before the chocolate has hardened.
- Place the chocolate in the fridge or freezer to completely cool before serving.
How long do chocolate dipped pretzels last?
Store these yummy treats in a large freezer bag or airtight container for up to one month at room temperature. They can also be stored in the fridge to prevent the chocolate from melting or in the freezer for months.
How perfect are these pretzels for Classroom Parties?! Easy peasy right?!
More Apple Treat Ideas:
This post contains affiliate links.
Some of my kitchen essentials:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.
I created fun little printable gift tags to go with these apple treats! Simply print, cut out and use them to make a gift for your favorite teacher or friend.
Enter your name and email below to get an instant download of the files! You are then registered for my weekly email Newsletter that is full of fun recipes, easy crafts and free printables.
- All digital files on Homemade Heather are for personal use only.
- Please direct others to the original website link when sharing.
- Digital reselling, resharing or distribution is prohibited and NOT allowed.
If you love these apple chocolate covered pretzels, please give them a five star review and help me share them on Facebook or Pinterest so that others can enjoy them too!
- 12-20 mini twist pretzels
- 3 oz red chocolate candy melts
- 1 Tbsp mini green M&Ms
1. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is completely smooth.
2. Dip the pretzel into the chocolate, coating the whole thing.3. Place the treats on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
4. Immediately add a green M&M to the top of the pretzel.
5. Place the pretzels in the fridge and allow the chocolate to harden completely before serving.