These Grinch Rice Krispie treats are perfect for the holidays and loaded with candy for a festive pop kids love to help make!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this easy recipe to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be waiting there when you’re ready.
We have shared all kinds of Grinch inspired crafts in the past! Like this pin the heart on the Grinch activity, this roll a Grinch game or this Grinch mug gift idea. So be sure to poke around the blog a bit for more fun holiday crafting ideas.
WHAT ARE RICE KRISPIE TREATS?
Rice krispie treats are primarily made of rice krispies cereal, melted butter and mini marshmallows. These Grinch pops are made even easier by simply using pre made cereal treats, dipping them in chocolate and then covering them in candy and sprinkles.
These holiday treats are so much fun for kids of all ages to make and take to holiday parties or events.
I love, love, love how these Grinch Pops turned out! They would be fun to pack up individually, wrap with a bit of baker’s twine and gift to friends and family.
How to make Grinch Rice Krispie Pops:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Six Original Rice Krispie Squares (or homemade)
- 6 oz Green Candy Melts
- Christmas sprinkles
- 1 Tbsp red candy hearts
- Six, 4″ lollipop sticks (optional)
Tip: homemade rice krispie treats work just as well as store bought ones but using premade squares cuts out some of the work. Find the homemade recipe at the bottom of this post!
1. Unwrap the rice krispie treats and place a lollipop stick into each one.
2. In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is completely smooth. Dip half of the rice krispie square into the chocolate.
3. Place the treats on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
4. Add candy to the melted chocolate before it cools – I like to have it ready in small bowls. Press a red candy heart into the chocolate so that it really sticks. Spread the Christmas sprinkles overtop.
5. Place the crispy treats in the fridge and allow the chocolate to harden completely before serving.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE GRINCH TREATS:
- Use candy melts for best results, the wafer chocolate melts the best. Add one teaspoon of coconut oil to other chocolate to help it melt and pour better.
- Lay the chocolate covered treat on a parchment lined baking sheet for easy moving and transporting before the chocolate has hardened.
- Place the chocolate in the fridge or freezer to completely cool before serving.
- Store these yummy treats in a large freezer bag or airtight container for up to three months at room temperature. They can also be stored in the fridge to prevent the chocolate from melting.
This post contains affiliate links.
Some of my kitchen essentials:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.
Be sure to check out this Grinch Inspired Chocolate Bark recipe too! It would be great for pairing with this rice krispie recipe for a Grinch themed event.
HOMEMADE RICE KRISPIE RECIPE:
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add rice krispie cereal. Stir until the cereal mixture is well combined.
3. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
If you love this Grinch Rice Krispie Treat recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook or Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!
Grinch Inspired Rice Krispie Treats
These Grinch inspired Rice Krispie treats are perfect for the holidays and loaded with candy for a festive pop kids love to help make!