We love, love, love these Mario & Luigi Go Kart Costumes!
The best part of Halloween for me is designing fun costumes for the kids and family. Anytime that we can be silly and play dress up is a win in my books! I am beyond excited about today because I have joined forces with a fabulous group of bloggers to bring you 80+ DIY Halloween Costume Ideas. Epic right?! We are teaming up with Jamie from Really Awesome Costumes and sharing our Mario & Luigi Go Kart Costumes. Along with our Mario and Luigi Go-Kart Costumes I’m posting 88+ more really awesome handmade costume ideas to jump start your DIY Halloween Spirit!
Having twins allows me to think in doubles. They have been spiders, Thing One and Thing Two, monsters, Yip Yips, Angry Birds, Super Heroes and Star Wars Angry Birds! This year we totally geeked out and created our very own Mario and Luigi Go-Kart Costumes.
Introducing Isaiah as Luigi.
And Cameron as Mario.
How to make your own Mario & Luigi Go Kart Costumes:
Build the car inside out so only the white cardboard is showing. This allows for easier painting later as you don’t have to cover up the black outlines that the car comes with.
Next spray paint the entire car red. This took one entire can of red spray paint for us.
Add details like racing stripes and Mario symbol using acrylic paint.
A fin and tail lights are a must!
We created wings using some scrap cardboard and hot gluing them to the car.
Cut circles of cardboard out for tires. Paint on details with acrylic paint.
DIY Mario and Luigi Go Kart Costumes
1. Handmade Baby Hamburger Costume
3. DIY Minecraft Steve Costume
4. Football Brothers Halloween Costumes with DIY Pads and Onesie
5. Star Trek Halloween Costume for Kids
10. Marty McFly
11. Princess Wedding Dress Costume
12. Handmade Lalaloopsy Doll Costume
13. Homemade Toothless Costume
14. DIY Mermaid For Less Than $20 (No-Sew Option)
16. Mario and Luigi Go Kart Costumes
17. Dog The Bounty Hunter and Beth
18. Family Monsters University Costumes
19. Scooby Doo family costumes
20. DIY Storm Cloud Costume
21. Cheap and Easy DIY Spider Costume
22. Easy Tin Man Costume
24. Planet Halloween Costumes
27. Elsa crown
28. Dog Collar Ruffles
29. DIY Pineapple Baby Costume
32. Disney Planes Costume: Dipper
34. Easy Costume Idea – Renaissance Girl
35. 10 Minute Homemade Jellyfish Costume
36. DIY Cat Costume
38. Easy Frozen Costumes
39. Easy Greek Goddess Costume
40. DIY Family Willy Wonka Costumes
But wait, there’s more…
41. DIY No Sew Maleficent Costume
42. No Sew Pineapple Halloween Costume
43. Graveyard Bean Bag Toss: Trunk or Treat Car Costume
44. DIY Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Costumes
45. DIY Raccoon Costume with Printable Mask
46. Easy WildStyle Lego Movie Costume
47. Simple Hello Kitty Costume
48. No Sew Minnie Mouse Costume
49. DIY Inspector Gadget and Penny Costumes
50. DIY Frozen Elsa Dress Baby Edition
51. Fairy Princess Dog Costume
52. DIY Hashtag Halloween Costume
53. Toddler or Baby Egg Costume
57. Baby Short Stack Pancake Costume
58. Elephant and Piggie Halloween Costumes
59. Instagram Halloween Costume
60. Peter Pan & Mr. Smee Halloween Costume
61. Wildstyle Costume from the Lego Movie
62. Fred and Wilma Couples Costume
64. DIY Cruella de Vil Costume for a child
65. Disney Frozen Olaf Halloween Treat Bucket
66. How to Make a Minecraft Steve Head
69. No Sew Cupcake Baker Halloween Costume
70. DIY Skunk Mask
71. Ghostbusters Proton Pack DIY
72. Frozen Anna Costume Tutorial
74. Paw Patrol Halloween Costume
75. No Sew Toothless Dragon Costume
76. DIY Robot Costume
78. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Costume
79. Thrifted Gentleman Spy DIY Halloween Costume
80. DIY Boy Garden Gnome Costume
81. Group Costume: Bob Ross, Happy Tree, & Squirrel
82. DIY Blues Brothers Costumes
85. Scarecrow Costume
86. Easy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume
87. Handmade Teddy Bear Costume
88. Princess Elsa and the Spy Kid
Such a wonderfully creative (and easy) costume! Stopping by from the hop (#14 mermaid). Pinned this to share!