Indulge in the ultimate savory delight with the best bacon ranch cheese ball recipe! A perfect blend of crispy bacon, creamy ranch, and cheesy goodness.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe – the most delicious cheese ball recipe EVER and the perfect party appetizer!
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
This bacon ranch cheeseball is perfect for your next party or game day. Full of cheesy ranch flavor, topped with crispy bacon and crunchy pecans, this easy cheeseball recipe is a huge hit with the whole family!
What is a cheese ball made of?
A cheeseball is a mixture of cream cheese, grated cheese and other seasonings. They are often rolled in a sweet or savoury coating and served with crackers.
The best cheese for creating a cheese ball is original Philadelphia cream cheese because of its rich, creamy texture. Cheese balls can be made up to a week in advance, making them awesome for party planning.
This post contains affiliate links.
Cheese Ball Supplies
- Stand mixer with paddle attachment or
- Electric mixer
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Serving platter
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Plastic wrap
- Cream cheese bricks, room temperature
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Sour cream
- Pecans, chopped
- Green onions, diced
- Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Real bacon bits
1. Combine cream cheese, ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a large bowl.
2. Mix until well combined.
3. Place a large piece of plastic wrap on the counter.
4. Drop the entire cream cheese mixture into the center of the wrap and form a ball shape.
5. Place the ball in the refrigerator for at least one hour to firm up.
6. In a small bowl combine the 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese, chopped pecans, green onions and crisp bacon.
7. Unwrap the cheeseball from the plastic.
8. Roll cheese ball in the toppings until the entire thing is covered.
9. Place on a large platter and serve with your favorite crackers or sliced vegetables.
How to store
This easy cheese ball recipe is just as good the next day, in fact, its the perfect make-ahead appetizer for the holiday season! Simply store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
This bacon ranch cheese ball recipe is a real crowd pleaser! It’s such an easy appetizer recipe and one that I try to have made for all of our family gatherings during the holidays.
I love that you only need a few simple ingredients from the grocery store. Nothing too fancy here that’s for sure!
What to serve with homemade cheese balls?
- pita chips
- tortilla chips
- ritz crackers
- carrot sticks
- bagel chips
- breton crackers
- celery sticks
The brilliant thing about a cheese ball appetizer is that not only are they super easy to make but the possibilities are also endless! Try experimenting with flavour combinations of your own!
More yummy cheese balls
- Pumpkin cheese ball recipe
- Turkey cheese ball recipe
- Holiday cheese ball recipe
- Bacon ranch cheese ball
- Halloween cheeseball
- Chocolate chip cheeseball
It’s really easy to change up this recipe to suit any special occasion! We’ve used it to create a thanksgiving, turkey themed cheese board or even formed it into the shape of a football for game day.
If you love this bacon ranch cheese ball recipe, please give it a five star review and help me share it on Facebook or Pinterest so that others can enjoy it too!
- 2 - 8 oz cream cheese bricks, room temperature
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 Tbsp real bacon bits
- Combine cream cheese, ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on the counter.
- Drop the entire cream cheese mixture into the center of the wrap and form a ball shape.
- Place the ball in the refrigerator for at least one hour to firm up.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese, chopped pecans, green onions and crisp bacon.
- Unwrap the cheeseball from the plastic.
- Roll cheese ball in the toppings until the entire thing is covered.
- Place on a large platter and serve with your favorite crackers or sliced vegetables.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 653mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
All values are approximate and based on ingredients used by the recipe writer. Always calculate your own individual nutritional values for the most accurate calculation.