Whisk up morning joy with these fun & creative pancake recipe ideas! From playful shapes to delightful toppings, elevate breakfast with tasty creations.
I make pancakes pretty regularly at our house. We often enjoy them on the weekends and lazy Sunday mornings.
Served with our favorite toppings, savory bacon or sausage, and some homemade syrup, pancakes are always a treat. I also like to make big batches to freeze, so the boys can have a quick pancake breakfast during the week too.
Too busy to make this right away? Pin it for later! Pin this post to your favorite board on Pinterest and it will be there when you’re ready!
While the basics are always good, sometimes I like to make extra special pancakes. Today I have put together a list of some of the best homemade pancakes ever!
From simple to spectacular, there are recipes for all occasions. Whether you are celebrating Pancake Day or simply enjoying breakfast with the whole family on a Saturday morning, you are going to love these delicious homemade pancakes.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Skillet, griddle or non-stick pan – I really like this white granite non stick pan set, it’s pretty and functional!
- Large sized mixing bowl – this pyrex set is my go-to.
- Measuring cups and spoons – these ones are awesome!
- Rubber spatula – for flipping the pancakes.
- Whisk or spoon – for mixing the batter.
- Paper towel – making clean up a breeze!
20+ Pancake Recipe Ideas:
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes – Indulge in the flavors of autumn with these pumpkin pancakes. Fluffy stacks are infused with pumpkin and warm spices, then topped with maple syrup, whipping cream, and pecans. This is the perfect fall breakfast!
Easy Mini Pancakes – These fluffy, bite-sized mini pancakes are a quick, delicious breakfast treat that is perfect for busy mornings or a fun weekend brunch.
Caramel Apple Pancakes – With a blend of tender apples and cinnamon-infused batter, all cooked to golden brown perfection, this great recipe makes the perfect pancakes for fall.
Bisquick Pancake Recipe – Whip up fluffy and delicious pancakes in a snap with this simple recipe that starts with boxed pancake mix! Enjoy a classic breakfast treat that’s easy and irresistible!
Cornmeal Pancakes – Delight in golden perfection with this cornmeal pancake recipe. You will love the blend of wholesome cornmeal goodness with a classic breakfast staple.
The Best Chocolate Pancake Recipe – Enjoy dessert for breakfast with this chocolate lover’s dream. Topped with extra chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, and ice cream, these fluffy cocoa-infused pancakes are ideal for a sweet breakfast or brunch treat.
Easy Mini Pancake Skewers – These mini pancake skewers are so much more fun than regular pancakes! They honestly don’t take a ton of work and make the perfect finger food for special breakfasts, a fun brunch menu, or party.
Carbquick Pancake Recipe – Enjoy delicious low-carb pancakes with Carbquick! Whip up fluffy pancakes that satisfy your cravings without the guilt.
More pancake recipes:
The Best Banana Pancake Recipe – These banana pancakes may be even better than traditional pancakes! We love topping them with peanut butter and chocolate or fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Sausage Pancake on a Stick – These savory and sweet pancakes are so much fun to eat! They make a convenient, handheld breakfast treat that’s perfect for on-the-go mornings!
McDonald’s Pancakes – Save yourself a drive thru run with these fluffy stacks of golden perfection. This nostalgic breakfast classic is guaranteed to get rave reviews!
Easy Banana Oat Blender Pancakes – These healthy pancakes are loaded with wholesome ingredients, for a delicious breakfast that you’re sure to love!
Valentine’s Day Mini Pancakes – A squeeze bottle is the perfect tool for making this recipe. These mini pancakes are perfect for celebrating on Valentine’s Day or any special occasion.
The Best Grinch Pancakes – Looking for fun pancake recipes for the holidays? Transform breakfast into a whimsical delight with this Grinch pancake recipe. Grinchy green pancakes are adorned with whipped cream and candy hearts, making them the perfect holiday treat!
The Best Dutch Baby Recipe – Meet your new family favorite! This dutch baby recipe is absolutely delicious, easy to prepare, and perfect for breakfast anytime.
Blueberry Dutch Baby Recipe – Enjoy brunch perfection with this blueberry dutch baby recipe. This airy pancake, adorned with a burst of sweet blueberries, is sure to captivate your taste buds and become a delightful morning treat!
Whip up a delightful batch of homemade pancake syrup with just a few simple ingredients. Elevate breakfast with this deliciously easy recipe!
Tips and Tricks:
- Instead of the traditional maple, give other flavors a try when making your own syrup. Use vanilla extract for homemade vanilla pancake syrup or try coconut, almond, or strawberry syrup.
- Store leftover syrup in an airtight container, or covered in plastic wrap, in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Pancake batter should always be thick, but not lumpy. Avoid over-mixing and allow the batter to rest for a few minutes so that the baking powder has time to activate.
- Preheating the frying pan before dropping in the batter will create consistent, fluffy pancakes every time.
- Make sure the stove is set to medium. This helps prevent the pancakes from burning. If they start to cook too quickly, reduce to medium-low heat.
- Do not flip the pancakes until bubbles begin to form and pop. The outer edge should also begin to look more opaque.
- Prevent the pancakes from sticking to the skillet by using non-stick cooking spray between batches. Olive oil, coconut oil, or melted butter may also be used
- When cooking your pancakes, if the pan begins to burn the cooking spray, wipe it with paper towel to cool it off and start again. It’s easy for the pan to overheat after repeated use and start to burn the pancakes.
- Keep the pancakes warm before serving by placing them on a lined baking sheet in an oven set to the lowest temperature. Alternately place them in a covered casserole dish to stay warm.
- Leftover pancakes can be easily frozen. Separate them with parchment paper and place them in a freezer bag for easy access. Reheat pancakes for one minute in the microwave.
1. How can I make vegan pancakes?
Easy! Just substitute vegetable oil for butter and almond or oat milk for dairy.
2. Is it possible to make gluten-free pancakes?
Sure is! Substitute your favorite gluten free, almond flour blend for the all purpose flour or use a ready made mix like Carb Quick.
If you love these creative pancake recipes, please help me share them on Facebook or Pinterest so that others can enjoy them too!
Does your family have a favorite pancake recipe? Let me know in the comments!