This apple cinnamon muffin recipe is full of flavour and easy to bake. I love fall for so many reasons but one of the big ones is these fresh apple muffins.
We are surrounded by orchards here in the Okanagan and baking with fruit, fresh off of the trees is a real treat! My grandparents have a small, old orchard on their property and I hope that we can go and visit soon, before all of the apples are eaten by the local wildlife! One of my favorite ways to use apples is in these apple cinnamon muffins.
I usually make apple sauce from most of the apples that we pick however I reserve some for these delicious muffins. You can adjust the amount of diced apples to make the muffins more moist or dry. I leave the peel on for convenience sake but that is totally up to you.
I sometimes sprinkle the tops with extra cinnamon and sugar before baking. The boys gobble these up in no time so I am always careful to hide some in the freezer for school lunches!
How to make this apple cinnamon muffin recipe:
- Combine the sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Fold in apples.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins, 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20 – 25 mins
Affiliate links below.
Kitchen essentials for baking:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.