This cinnamon Baby Yoda ornament craft is far too cute! Star Wars is seriously starting to take over Christmas around here. We love, love, loved the latest movie, the Rise of Skywalker and saw it in the theatre on opening day!To prepare for the movie the boys and I binge watched the Mandelorian and made these adorable Baby Yoda cinnamon ornaments. Cam handed these little guys out to fellow Star Wars fans at the theatre while we watched the new release, it was the cutest!
Let me show you how to make these perfect keepsake ornaments that make great Christmas decorations!
If you have a Star Wars fan in the family then these are sure to be a hit. We have all fallen in love with Baby Yoda around here and are always looking for fun Star Wars crafts.
These cute cinnamon ornaments are a must make because they are super easy to create.
They are simply our take on traditional apple cinnamon ornaments… with a Star Wars twist!
We often make these Apple Cinnamon Ornaments and give them out as random acts of kindness throughout the holiday season. A few years ago we made Cinnamon Chewbacca Ornaments instead of gingerbread and they have decorated our Christmas Tree ever since. Here’s how to made a child ornament of your own…
Supplies that you will need:
How to make this Baby Yoda Ornament:
- Slowly add the cinnamon to the applesauce until the mixture resembles play dough or sugar cookie dough.
- Use cinnamon like you would flour when rolling out cookie dough.
- Dust your work surface and rolling pin with cinnamon.
- Roll out the apple cinnamon dough about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and skewer to poke a hole in each ornament.
- To create the Baby Yoda shape simply use the butter knife to trim off the head of the angel after its cut from the dough.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and bake in a 200° oven for 1.5 hours.
- When cooled add paint details and bakers twine to hang.
Use an angel cookie cutter to cut out Baby Yoda shapes. After cutting the angel into the dough, trim off the head with a knife before baking. This gives the dough the perfect baby Yoda shape…. sorry angel head lol.
Tips for cinnamon ornaments:
Add paint details…
We used green acrylic paint for the face and black puffy paint for the eyes.
Pretty fun right?! These new Baby Yoda ornaments were such a hit with everyone!! The boys can’t wait to make more of them for friends and family this Christmas. It’s a good thing that we made so many!
This post contains affiliate links.
More of our crafting essentials for kids:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you loved this Baby Yoda Christmas ornament please give it a five star review, and share it on Facebook or Pinterest!