This cinnamon Chewbacca ornament craft is epic! With my step-by-step tutorial this is an easy to make ornament with the kiddos! It perfectly compliments our Star Wars Chewbacca inspired Christmas tree.
I mean, check out these Cinnamon Chewbacca Ornaments! Admittedly we love, love, love Star Wars around here but when it starts to take over our Christmas tree should we worry that there is a problem?! One cannot have too much Star Wars right?! Especially when this Cinnamon Chewbacca Ornament is sooooo cute!
I wasn’t joking when I said Star Wars is taking over our Christmas Tree! Well, at least these wookies are… if you have a Star Wars fan in the family then these are sure to be a hit. And honestly, they are beyond easy to make and create! We’ve even gone so far as to create Baby Yoda Cinnamon Ornaments too!
These are simply our take on traditional apple cinnamon gingerbread men… with a few added extras! If you’re looking for an edible version of these be sure to check out our Wookie Cookie recipe.
I was in the midst of baking so when he saw the gingerbread man cookie cutter he thought is would be fun to create a few bigger ornaments. My mind immediately went to Chewbacca and this cinnamon Chewbacca ornament was born…This post contains affiliate links.
- Slowly add the cinnamon to the applesauce until the mixture resembles play dough or sugar cookie dough.
- Use cinnamon like you would flour when rolling out cookie dough.
- Dust your work surface and rolling pin with cinnamon.
- Roll out the apple cinnamon dough about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and skewer to poke a hole in each ornament.
- Stretch the head and body of the gingerbread man to resemble Chewbacca.
- Use a butter knife to score “fur” lines into each ornament.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and bake in a 200° oven for 1.5 hours.
- When cooled add paint details and bakers twine to hang.
Cut and stretch the gingerbread men.
Add “fur” and a hole to the top for hanging. Bake.
Allow to cool completely.
Add paint details…
My friends on Facebook voted and this eyes/nose combo was the winning design. If you have a mini gingerbread cookie cutter is would be darling to create little Ewoks to go along with all of the Wookies!
Pretty fun right?! These cinnamon Chewbacca ornaments were such a hit with my boys!! They can’t wait to give them out to friends, family and strangers alike during the holidays because they are just too cute.
So, will you create a few of these Chewbacca Cinnamon Ornaments or would they take over your tree too??