This Star Wars Chewbacca themed Christmas tree is the perfect addition to a super fans holiday decor! We created a few unique do-it-yourself Chewbacca ornaments to make this Star Wars themed tree really stand out.
This post contains affiliate links.
How awesome is this Chewbacca tree you guys?! This year I decided to purchase a pencil Christmas tree so that I could always have a fun themed tree set up in my home in addition to our hand crafted Christmas Tree.
The Chewbacca theme was born out of our families love for Star Wars and with season two of the Mandelorian being released on Disney Plus, I knew that THIS would just have to be the theme of our tree this year!
Be sure to check out the Nightmare Before Christmas Tree that we put together as well!
How to create a Star Wars themed Chewbacca Christmas Tree:
- Gather all of the supplies that you will need.
Burlap, faux fur and wooden beads were used as garland. The burlap and wooden beads were found at Michaels and the fur was found at Dollarama. Be sure to scroll down for a complete supply list of similar items.
Ribbon picks, twigs and seed pods were used to add texture to the tree. Check out my ribbon pick tutorial to learn how to make your own!
2. Now create a variety of Chewbacca themed ornaments like these: rustic wooden bead ornaments, wood slice Chewbacca ornaments, wooden Chewbacca ornaments, Chewbacca ball ornament or cinnamon Chewbacca ornaments.
Making these Star Wars themed Chewbacca ornaments was really what helped to tie the whole tree together.
I also added some classic Chewbacca quotes using little signs and a white paint pen from Michaels.
3. Finally add other coordinating embellishments to the tree like this DIY leather tassel ornament.
Or this classic Chewbacca ornament that I found at Walmart.
Chewbacca themed Christmas Tree supply list:
- Burlap wired ribbon
- Faux fur garland
- Wooden bead garland
- Ribbon picks
- Paper mache ball ornaments
- Acrylic paint
- Chewbacca ornaments
We used a Chewbacca action figure for the tree topper, a REAL ammo belt (filled with felt wrapped in aluminum foil bullets) and a faux fur basket (found at the thrift store) for the tree collar.
I would have used a DIY Christmas tree collar if I could have found a basket that was the right size!
And now for a ton of photos of just how epic this tree turned out because, its not every day that you see a Chewbacca themed Christmas tree!
Don’t be surprised if you see a few of these cute Baby Yoda ornaments hanging on the tree too!
Our crafting essentials:
- We love using these Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints to add bright color to all of our projects.
- These paint brushes are ideal for most craft surfaces and a great price!
- This art supplies kit is our favorite because it has everything we needed to get started.
- This rolling storage cart helps to keep our craft supplies organized.
If you love this Star Wars themed Christmas tree as much as we do please help us share it on Facebook and Pinterest!