These Wookie Cookies make the perfect Star Wars inspired gingerbread men for your holiday baking! At this point are you surprised at all that these gingerbread cookies are on the blog? You should know that we are Star Wars obsessed.
With the new movie coming out this month its even easier to combine our love of Star Wars with the holidays and food! This is not an original idea from me. In fact it was when someone shared the Buzzfeed video on my Facebook last year that these became an annual tradition.
When I made a batch of these Wookie Cookies I knew that I wanted to share them with you and post them on the blog! Because seriously, how amazing are they?!?! We love them and I now substitute these wookies for gingerbread men in all of my holiday baking.
If you love gingerbread be sure to also check out my Gingerbread Cake recipe, it’s delicious too!
This post contains affiliate links.
My kitchen essentials for baking:
- I love using this non-stick bakeware for all of my baking.
- These silicone mitts are perfect for grasping hot pans and baking dishes.
- This Henckel Knife is my favorite for slicing and dicing in the kitchen.
- These parchment paper bags are perfect for packaging and these large Rubbermaid food storage containers are great for storing baking in the freezer.
How to make these yummy Wookie Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a KitchenAid mixer, combine all ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Dust surface with flour and roll out dough about 1/4″ thick.
- Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut out wookie shapes.
- Stretch the body of the wookie and score fur marks into the dough with a butter knife.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 mins.
- Allow the cookie to cool before decorating with melted chocolate and white chocolate chips.
The kids love to help roll, cut out and decorate these wookie cookies. We use a butter knife to mark up the gingerbread before baking and give each wookie a “furry” look.
Semi sweet chocolate is then melted and drizzled on to form a utility belt. The boys place white chocolate chips along the belt to complete the look. You could add chocolate eyes and other details if you wanted.
Our tips for Holiday Baking:
- Double or triple recipes to make large batches of goodies. This allows cookies and bars to be made in an assembly line fashion and speeds up the process.
- Pick holiday recipes that compliment each other and look good plated together. For example every year I like to make Candy Cane Brownies, Eggnog Cookies, Cranberry and Pistachio Shortbread and Peppermint Dipped Chocolate Cookies for a good variety.
- Participate in a Holiday Baking Exchange! This is a great way to prepare for a season of holiday entertaining.
- Start baking early and store goodies in the freezer until they are needed. I use these large Rubbermaid food storage containers to save a mixture of cookies and bars in my freezer so that I have them ready to go for Christmas parties and gatherings all season long.
Honestly if you have a Star Wars fan in the family, these are such a fun addition to the holidays! Or for celebrating the release of the latest Star Wars movie! Or for birthdays, anniversaries and office parties!!! LOL Okay, I’ll stop now. Just make a few and enjoy would ya?!?
If you enjoy these Wookie Cookies please leave a five star review and share them on Pinterest or Facebook.